350SS ... S10 454SS ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txwildman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a white Sport does that make it an SS???

You must be registered for see images attach

454SSguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
350 SS is a real thing but only dealer option. Sport model with different badges basically.

454 ss - ad has been deleted.

s-10 - thats cool, but rear wheels need more Backspacing, lol.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There its a lot of fab in that s10 bed, its a 73-87 step side. But w with the work in the truck you think he could have gotten the wheels under it

takkotime

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you guys all just screwing around? Chev never EVER made a '350 SS'. Ever.
Some dealers threw decals on the 'Sport models.
454 SS was the only 'SS' GMT-400 made.
Sport package came out in '89, in black, red and white. Could be optioned pretty much any way, I've seen them sans A/C, with a 4.3, stick, no power anything, or full load, etc. solid body color. black grille.
Sport package had red in the side moldings. 4x4 or 2x4. No stepsides. Later sports (93-up) had the W/T Grille and were stepside and could be had in black, red, white and green. with no stickers.
Sorry if you were just joking above.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Sport package came out in '89, in black, red and white. Could be optioned pretty much any way, I've seen them sans A/C, with a 4.3, stick, no power anything, or full load, etc. solid body color. black grille.
Sport package had red in the side moldings. 4x4 or 2x4. No stepsides. Later sports (93-up) had the W/T Grille and were stepside and could be had in black, red, white and green. with no stickers.

I've been waiting for that. The whole reason I posted it. But that truck is incredibly clean...

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score

my bad ,:nono:

in my semi drunken state I didnt even think about there not being a 350ss

Last edited:

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

My '97 came with 'ZE5 SPORT' plus those stupid splash/wave stickers down the sides, that were popular on these trucks when they were new. The stickers on the sides disappeared, courtesy of the original owner in a flash of common sense, years ago. But on a sunny day, you can kinda still see them by the way that the paint faded when they were on. It still had 'ZE5 SPORT' on tthe 1/4's & tailgate. The OP thought that it was some kinda special model because of those. I say 'Pfffft!
Those stickers came off the day I got the truck home.
I have since seen a 1/2 dozen or so other trucks around town that have this 'option'. All of them are the base model. V6, with no other options other than an automatic or stick. I've seen both long box & short box models.
EVERY one of these trucks came from the same dealership!
I wonder how many original purchasers thought that they were getting something special just because of those dumb-ass stickers? And...how much extra did the dealer soak 'em for this 'Limited Edition' series?
Like P.T. Barnum said, "There's one born every second!"