350 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's not a rough idle, not like a 292 atleast, it's a nice slightly lumpy idle. I don't run it in any automatic vehicles, so i can't tell you, but it shouldn't have any problems off idle. Well, what does your's idle at? What are the front/rear gear ratios? If you're worried about the chip, get one burned, if you're worried about the heads, trim the upper valve seal. Trimming the valve seals is very easy, but you'll need a valve spring compressor. I've never placed a cam into an engine with as low miles as your's alone....I've always replaced cam and lifters together, except with roller blocks.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My gears are 3.42's and im not exactly sure what it idles at but its not high by anymeans. Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to have a chip burned regardless. I would love to do heads to but there out of my budjet for now. This cam should be a nice upgrade though.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, speaking of heads, I might have a pair for ya that need rebuilt, I just gotta remember where they are. They are the old-style heads, so you'd need to realign your center holes on intake.