350 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I bought another gmt400 tonight. Its a 1988 rcsb, 4x4, black, front end just gone threw, new rearend, new clutch, the trans is an nv3500 5 speed, 350 crate motor with about 10,000 miles on it. Needs a little body work but overall a decent truck. My plan is to pull the motor and put it in my stepside. I havent decided what to do with the rest of the truck yet. I paid 2300$ for it I bought it from a friend who drives it to mass all the time. I think I did alright. I will post some pics tomorrow if i have time.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I bought another gmt400 tonight. Its a 1988 rcsb, 4x4, black, front end just gone threw, new rearend, new clutch, the trans is an nv3500 5 speed, 350 crate motor with about 10,000 miles on it. Needs a little body work but overall a decent truck. My plan is to pull the motor and put it in my stepside. I havent decided what to do with the rest of the truck yet. I paid 2300$ for it I bought it from a friend who drives it to mass all the time. I think I did alright. I will post some pics tomorrow if i have time.

Nice buy!

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The hoses that aren't hookep up are all smog hoses.

Now does anyone have any good cam suggestions?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
It's the cam I've got in all my fresh tbi engines, the only thing I changed was upgraded to 40k volt HEI dist.

If ya need to, PM FastOrange, he'll have recommendations I'm sure. That's pretty much the cam I decided would "fix" these under-cammed engines.

93Chevy_1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's the cam I've got in all my fresh tbi engines, the only thing I changed was upgraded to 40k volt HEI dist.

If ya need to, PM FastOrange, he'll have recommendations I'm sure. That's pretty much the cam I decided would "fix" these under-cammed engines.

Sounds good then. Hows does it pull off idle? does it have a rough idle or smooth? You just dropped it in or did you modify other things as well?