$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the factory "gold" color code 55? On my 97 it's called "Rawhide Metallic" in the early part of the year, then they called it "Light Autumnwood Metallic" which iirc was the GMC name for pewter by 99. It's definitely different than the pewter like on the Burb doors you used.
Are the lock actuators hard to replace? The power locks on my crew cab don't work; I changed the fuse and the solenoids cycled but the locks still don't work. So maybe the relay, maybe the actuators?
Thanks, I re read all 33 pages and you've made so much progress on this rig!
The paint code is WA398E it was used 1998-2002. And the paint is named "gold".

Its a odd color different from the autumn wood and the pewter color that gm seemed to put on everything.

You said you replaced fuse and said the solenoids cycle so you can hear the actuators in the doors?

And thanks sure has came a long way now I'm thinking about it

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The paint code is WA398E it was used 1998-2002. And the paint is named "gold".

Its a odd color different from the autumn wood and the pewter color that gm seemed to put on everything.

You said you replaced fuse and said the solenoids cycle so you can hear the actuators in the doors?

And thanks sure has came a long way now I'm thinking about it
Okay thanks, the code 55 maybe is a 97 only color? I don't see too many gold trucks, or silver ones, compared to the pewter. Yes, they cycled once, then nothing. And the switch doesn't work on either front door. I think everything may just be gummed up and stuck, since it's been parked so long.....
Yep 1 of every 3 99 Burbs were pewter! And very popular on Tahoe/Yukon and pickups too. The color doesn't show dirt too much, is one reason.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks, the code 55 maybe is a 97 only color? I don't see too many gold trucks, or silver ones, compared to the pewter. Yes, they cycled once, then nothing. And the switch doesn't work on either front door. I think everything may just be gummed up and stuck, since it's been parked so long.....
Yep 1 of every 3 99 Burbs were pewter! And very popular on Tahoe/Yukon and pickups too. The color doesn't show dirt too much, is one reason.
I have seen them gummed up and greasing them got them moving again but I have also seen the aluminum rivets break off and the actuator just dangles and doesn't work

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
I have seen them gummed up and greasing them got them moving again but I have also seen the aluminum rivets break off and the actuator just dangles and doesn't work
That might be what is wrong with the second door, driver's side on the Burb. The window won't go all the way down, and if it's as far down as it goes, the power lock doesn't work on this door. I replaced the inside handle because I thought it was broken, and it didn't fix it. I couldn't see any loose linkage in the door when I had it open, but what you said about the actuators makes sense.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That might be what is wrong with the second door, driver's side on the Burb. The window won't go all the way down, and if it's as far down as it goes, the power lock doesn't work on this door. I replaced the inside handle because I thought it was broken, and it didn't fix it. I couldn't see any loose linkage in the door when I had it open, but what you said about the actuators makes sense.
I bet that's what happened both my trucks did the same thing and won't let the window go all the way down stops about 1/2 way

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Link for actuators

Also nothing new with the truck it's a daily. But did net 16mpg on my trip to southern Illinois truck showdown and back. Also recommend anybody that can makes plans to go to that show next year.
Just thought I'd update the lock issue on the crew cab. The power locks work from either front door switch now. After I swapped out the battery (and figured out the alarm and where the magic button was!) they started working.