3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll have a dually rear end available later this year... 14b ff, drums, 4.10... just sayin'
I’d travel to VA to buy it if the price were right.
Change to a staggered tire maybe? Wider in the back narrower in the front?
Bora will make spacers to fit the stock bore of the hub and the larger bore of the wheel. Spacer to hub is hub centric, spacer to wheel is lug centric. I priced a set and they are reasonable. I’d need longer studs but not a problem to source.

Just need to get the truck back on the ground and measure the difference in track width. I’d like to pull it out a 1/2”. Not comfortable with a 1” spacer and then I’d really have to trim the bed.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running 2" Stahl steel spacers(same company as Bora) on the back of my Suburban. Definitely my favored company to buy from for that stuff.
That is good to know. You probably got the ones that come with studs pressed in? I see that as an option for the 1” spacers but I don’t think I need that much.

I think I saw another forum post where someone used longer studs from a 2002 3/4 ton suburban. But those should have disc brakes. More research required.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the dimensions the same between the 7200 and 8600 control arms? Cause I’m seeing the same part numbers available for 1500/2500. Only difference being the forged uppers for 8600 gvw.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are the dimensions the same between the 7200 and 8600 control arms? Cause I’m seeing the same part numbers available for 1500/2500. Only difference being the forged uppers for 8600 gvw.
7200lb GVWR "light duty C2500" control arms are exactly the same parts as C1500 control arms, both upper and lower.

Where the difference comes in is 8600lb GVWR C2500's have forged uppers that also take a different size ball joint.

Richard

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Bluex found those CPP narrowed arms for half tons. The uppers would need to be redrilled to work. Crazy that they don’t make something for the 8 lug trucks.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the tapered stud that goes into the spindle is different?

I looked at several narrowed arms last night, nfamus still makes theirs to order, I bet a 2500 upper ball joint could be specd, but it’s probably more cost effective to just lift the rear and space them out like you’re planning. Or sell your wheels and buy some with a different offset.

Plus we all know how much you love doing front suspension work….

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So the tapered stud that goes into the spindle is different?

I looked at several narrowed arms last night, nfamus still makes theirs to order, I bet a 2500 upper ball joint could be specd, but it’s probably more cost effective to just lift the rear and space them out like you’re planning. Or sell your wheels and buy some with a different offset.

Plus we all know how much you love doing front suspension work….
The spacing on the bolts is different, and I think the stud size is different. Memory's a little fuzzy on it but I believe both to be fact as it's from discussion in the past of using 2500 forged uppers on a 1500 - you re-drill for the 1500 ball joint because the 2500 ball joint won't fit the 1500 spindle. In those discussions someone mentioned reaming the spindle to work with the 2500 ball joint, IIRC. However, going the opposite way - 1500 upper on a 2500 truck, you'd be outta luck. In that narrowed control arm thread we mentioned possibly re-drilling their arm to fit the 2500 ball joint, if you didn't mind hacking on a brand new custom part.

Richard