3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmmmm I don’t think so. I think it’s more of a drivetrain thing. @Road Trip has a C2500 with a 454 and has a FF. I’ve seen other Vortec trucks with SF.

Pulling the center cap on a FF and the first things you observe are the 8 bolts attaching the axle
inside the 8-lugger wheel studs. (See attached.) On the 8600 GVWR C2500s it's thought that
the big block was what tipped the scale for a FF to be installed at the factory?

And for what it's worth this is what it looked like to do the brakes on the FF version of your rear axle.
(JD7 rear brakes on a FF)

Enjoy the 8-lugger experience. It's the understressed way to be. :0)

Attachments

• tire&wheel perspective of renewed brake assy (sml).jpg
    tire&wheel perspective of renewed brake assy (sml).jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 10

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty productive day here. Garage was wringin’ wet with all the humidity today. My dad said he’d “show up and show how” haha. So he helped me out today. We got the rear brakes all assembled but hit a snag - I ordered drums for a FF. So I’ll get some SF drums and get those on and adjusted.

You must be registered for see images attach

-new shoes
-new hardware
-new studs
-new parking brake cables

And… well, never seen this before.

Missing a shoe link on the passenger rear. Didn’t fall out, didn’t have the brakes off before today. Odd. Why didn’t it blow the seal out? Oh, here’s why:

The front of the cylinder moved freely, but was puking out a ton of rust. The rear was completely seized. So no fluid was lost when using the brakes. I’ve never had the brakes off since I bought this truck. No clue where the link went. Doubt it fell off and rattled out, there’s no room. The shoes weren’t chewed up and neither were the pads. So who knows.

Next weekend I’m driving this F’er.