2wd brake upgrade write up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those Raybestos EHT369H brake pads sound good. my fear is they may be a little aggressive for drilled slotted rotors. I have always had luck with yellow stuff ebc pads. There the most aggressive with lowest brake dust and noise I’ve tried.With no wear on the rotors. I don’t want to wear out my new rotors. It always seems like more aggressive the pad the more wear you get on the rotors. Price is sure better.

I've been running the Raybestos EHT369H with EBC dimpled and slotted rotors on my K1500 Suburban for a few months now. No complaints and I'm not noticing any abnormal wear.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a picture before and after on my truck. Don’t worry purest. I saved all the original ss parts. The only thing I can’t go back on is the rear frame notch. But I saved the cutouts from the frame.

You must be registered for see images attach

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please feel free to post your upgrades on your brake system here. I want to and I’m sure others want to know what people have done and used.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My intent isn't to crap on you, but damn you spent a lot of money on your brakes. The GMT800/900 stuff can be bolted on for junkyard twin piston calipers and larger rotors. Drilled and slotted looks cool, but as you discovered there's progress to be made in other areas. Your $300 firm feel master appears to be an overpriced rebranded GMT800 master cylinder. On my 1500 I have the 8600# GVW front calipers, Hawk ceramic pads, El cheapo parts store rotors, and stock 14 bolt rear end shoes/drums. The cherry on top is the hydroboost with HD master cylinder, truck will lock the 33s down hard since merely adding HB. Were I to repeat the brake upgrade process on another GMT400, I'd just start with the HB and likely be done at that point. I can see the want for good looking parts on your truck though.

Insert Quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did my own modification by welding a bolt into the brake pedal arm.

Are these pedal identical except for the pin placement? I've been waiting to do hydro-boost on my truck because I haven't found a hydro-boost pedal yet. But if it's just pin placement, then that's a relatively easy fix.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Are these pedal identical except for the pin placement? I've been waiting to do hydro-boost on my truck because I haven't found a hydro-boost pedal yet. But if it's just pin placement, then that's a relatively easy fix.

AFAIK it's just pin placement.

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow, nice work. Did you make that grille? What mesh did you use?
I got the GMC mesh grille off eBay for $125 and the gmc black grill off amazon for $75. You just got to cut out the center of the gmc stock grille. The mounting kit comes with the mesh grille

fastfreddys454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great info.

where did you get the air splitter?
I got the air splitter from Kdesignswings.com for $390 and painted it black. It bolts right in. You just have to drill into the grille for the rods. He also makes a rear wing for $400. You could also make your own with a lot of trail and error, some 3/16 aluminum, a cut off wheel, 2 $10 rods and a couple L brackets. I bought the air splitter off kdesigns but I couldn’t afford the rear so I made my own. I made it out of cardboard first