2006 Silverado Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
you have good "taste", that gmt800 looks clean, curious, how much were they asking?

nice find on the "Cateye" too.
The 2500HD was listed for $15,900 but I had him talked down to $14k. Quite a bit of money, but considering the longevity of these trucks and how rare they are in Michigan in that condition it’s worth it. The engine was clean with no leaks and ran great. The interior was spotless too, but I didn’t really need a 3/4.

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Usually the first thing I do these days is purchase Weathertechs to save my carpet. The interior in this truck is close to immaculate so I want to keep it that way. I’ll buy the rear mat at a later date since no one really sits in the back seat except the kids.

You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Planning on taking the wife up to Glen Arbor this weekend for her birthday & our anniversary so I gave the truck a fresh oil change. It was very much needed :oops:

Also gave it a quick 4 hour detail this afternoon and got some of the tar on the rockers and wheel wells removed. She’s cleaning up great!!

After it was clean, I decided to remove the lower air dam on the front fascia as well as the DeeZee nerf bars (which are for sale BTW)

It’s nuts how just a little tinkering can make it look so much better!!!!! :eek:

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Not much going on at the moment. I decranked the TB 2 turns on each side tonight to get the front end a bit lower. Pretty sure both lower ball joints are going to need to be replaced soon too along with all 4 shocks.

It rolled over 138,000 the other day, but I’ve been just enjoying it for the most part. It needs a couple things like a new windshield/tint and light housings, but I’ve been holding off because all my money is going toward my ‘98 restoration.