2 Spot + 2 Flood Light Wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I currently have a relay set up to a stock fog switch on my truck. The relay does not have lights connected right now because I took the old 24" LED bar off. I ordered 2 spot LED bars (54W each) and 2 flood LED bars (54W each). If my memory serves, W/V=A so 216W/12V=18 amps. Is that the correct way to figure it out lol? I just want to make sure it's safe to run all 4 lights on one relay. I believe my relay is rated for 40 amps but even if it isn't, all 4 bars would come in below the 30 amp rating of a smaller relay. Again, this is just if my memory serves and my math is right haha. I don't want to burn my truck down but I also don't want to wire in another relay if it isn't needed.
You must be registered for see images attach

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Yep watts divided by volts equals amps. You should be fine just make sure to use fuses and put your fuses as close to the battery as possible because any wire between the battery and fuse is not protected by the said fuse.

Sent from my 5.7 Vortec powered iPhone 5S using Tapatalk.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Alright cool. I have power from my accessory posts on the fuse block