AMP grounding locations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethturbo

Reaction score
Hi i am installing subs in my extended cab and need to find a good ground, i have a 93 extended cab, the fuse that is physically on the amp itself also blows as soon as it receives power, if anybody has any help or can point me in the right direction if i’m chasing the wrong problem all help is greatly appreciated.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where are you getting the power for you amp?

Where is your remote wire hooked up?

The ground can be bolted to the floor or a seat bolt. The seat bolt isn’t the best because it’s not the cleanest but will work.

sethturbo

Reaction score
power coming from + on battery, ground is the seatbelt bolt in the middle of the cab i cleaned it off real good, my remote wire it hooked up to the blue remote turn on wire for the radio, I do agree with it being an amp problem cause it started smoking later that night, i disconnected everything at the amp and took it out and will just wait for a replacement

sethturbo

Reaction score
Where are you getting the power for you amp?

Where is your remote wire hooked up?

The ground can be bolted to the floor or a seat bolt. The seat bolt isn’t the best because it’s not the cleanest but will work.
check forum i responded

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like it was hooked up correctly, just be cautious if your not using terminal ends that the bare wires can’t touch each other.

Most amps will go into protection before anything major happens.

How are your subs hooked up? Is the amp designed for the ohms your subs are wired ?

sethturbo

Reaction score
Sounds like it was hooked up correctly, just be cautious if your not using terminal ends that the bare wires can’t touch each other.

Most amps will go into protection before anything major happens.

How are your subs hooked up? Is the amp designed for the ohms your subs are wired ?
it was a amp problem, got a new amp and now i’m bumpin