2 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to lift 2 inches but I'm confused about a couple things
1. What is the max lift stock tbars should get?
2. What parts is tbar cranking hard on?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tie rods and ball joints and if too far cv joints/front axles.

stock bars should get you 2 or more inches. less if your barsd are sagging, only way to gain more with sagging bars is change the bars NOT the keys, or buy a diff. drop lift kit.

The general rule of thumb is not to go over 2 inches crank in front, then have an alignment done.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
My stock bars on my 98 could get me 3 inches. Had it like that for 3 minutes when I cranked just so I could measure just how much it could get. I settled on about 2 inches in the front and with that my front end was shot within 5 months. Of course the truck had 175xxx miles on it when I cranked it and I have no idea if any of the parts were ever changed before I got it.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was checkin out balljoints on NAPA website and they list 2 different gvws I have the 7200 but if i am lifting it would it be wise to go to the 8600 balljoints?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
eeehhh hope mine don't do that, mines almost on the droop stops and I know the balljoints have been changed, since they bolt in. Other then that, hard to say. I think so because all of it has grease fittings but wouldn't put money on it.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know if they would fit or not.

Honestly napa has some of the most overpriced junk. I would look into summit, or rockaut, I know one of them or both sell moog and you could get some with a lifetime warranty.

We just bought 4 tie rods, balljoints, and idler arm for my old man's 84 shipped for $85.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I called a 4x4 shop today and they told me they won't lift more than 1.5 inches with tbars, they still want 360 dollars?