2 guys go in on 3" BL and both get 1.5" BL???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just had an idea tonight while reading a thread on GMFS...Could two guys wanting a 1.5" body lift go in on a 3" BL get it cut in half and then each would have the pucks? It's my understanding with 1.5" you don't have to modify the gas neck or steering correct? Then all would be left is buying bolts and front bumper brackets...Let me know if this would work guys! It would be super cheap to get 1.5" body lift if 2 guys split a 3". I'm about to get this realift and I don't feel like waiting around on ZONE to get off their ***** and make one.

Also, while we are on the BL topic. I put on a NBS bumper and it needs to come up atleast an inch or so so I was trying to find pictures of bumper brackets so I can get some ideas of brackets I could make to make this thing perfect, just if anyone has any or knows where picz are!

Thanks
Grffin

Last edited:

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's no point in doing that. You're gonna spend the money on a body lift which is spacers and bolts. You're not gonna use the bolts and go through the trouble of cutting the spacers to give you just under 1.5" after the saw kerf. If you want a 1.5 in that bad, order a 1.5" kit or make your own spacers and buy bolts. That just seems like a lot of work for 1.5" to me.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would agree and for that much lift they sell a 2 inch kit, .5 aint gonna make ya or break ya. if not then buy the pucks from zone and then find bolts and the rest elsewhere.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I defintly would not buy a whole 3" kit just for the blocks, even if splitting the cost with another person. You can buy just the blocks or better yet go to a shop that installs any amount of body lifts and they probably have pucks left over to sell you cheap.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh okay guys sorry I'm not thoroughly familiar with everything included in the body lift kit. It was just an idea I had to save $100 for 2 people that wanted a 1.5" lift. I'll prolly end up going with the 2 since ZONE is taking forever.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If you get the 2" bl if your rear bumper needs to go up an inch plus the height of the 2" bl you could get the bumper relocaters for 3" bl and possably level everything out

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great point man. That's a great idea and I'll remember it when the time comes. The only reason I'm apprehensive about the BL at all is I might go back to 35's and 20's after this setup and I think 9+" of lift would be too much for that but who knows, we'll see.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah probly not...That's really why I want a 1.5". The least amount of body lift possible the better IMO but I think those BFG's just run sooo small I think it could look decent if I ran a 35" Toyo they'd be a good bit bigger than the bfg's I had and fit a little better.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yea bfg deffinately runs small, I'd run either toyo, nitto, or mickey thompson