LEAN on both banks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cadman777

Reaction score
Interesting perspective.
Where'd you get your info from?
I personally know one of the guys who was personally involved with marketing them and all the rest of it (he was personal friends with the inventor).
The stories he told me disagree with your narrative.
For example, out on the other coast from me (Daytona Beach) is where the big races happened.
Apparently the FISH cars raced faster than the usual champions who were sponsored by the local dealerships and other financial concerns.
The reason why the FISH failed is largely b/c it's marketing and sales were sabotaged by 'the big 3', who had contracts with 'preferred vendors' who were loath to give up their sales to a nobody in the auto industry.
Besides that, when there's a fuel problem with a carbureted vehicle, there's about 1/100 the amount of possible causes compared to today's EFI bullsh*t.
I'll take mechanical fuel delivery any day of the week over what passes for digital vehicles today...ANY DAY.
Case in point: The vehicle I'm currently working on would have been fixed in avbout 3 hours, maybe 4, instead of 3 f'ing days (and it's still not fixed!), IF it had a bad carburetor.
But with the EFI that it 'was born with', which precipitated all the stupid sh*t the previous owner did to it to SIMPLIFY IT b/c he didn't like the EFI, seriously complicated the repair, and made it 10x more expensive than if it was merely a carburetor.
Another case in point: My MB C230 would have been fixed already IF it didn't have that STUPID saddle bag gas tank that has an even more STUPID fuel delivery system. So far I'm stuck fixing it b/c I can't get parts that should be readily available. But if it was carbureted (SU or Stromberg, excellent carbs!), it would have been fixed 3 years ago (that's THREE F'ING YEARS compared to 3 hours!). These MB's last decades if taken care of, and the g.d. mfgr knows it. So in order to soak the public, they quit manufacturing parts, or the aftermarket people quit doing it, so they can 'retire' the cars and SELL NEW ONES. There are so many things wrong with that scenario on so many levels that it's not worth detailing it any further.
In addition, there's the pesky problem if DIAGNOSTICS HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE. That alone complicates this venue in a way that would take volumes to detail.
So, after 10 years of fixing digital vehicles (and appliances) compared to 40 years fixing mechanical vehicles, I arrived at this fact-based conclusion: THERE'S NO WAY IN THE WORLD THAT ANYONE CAN LEGITIMATELY CLAIM THAT EFI IS LESS COSTLY AND EASIER TO REPAIR THAN CARBURETED ENGINES (not including DIESEL), NO WAY, EVER.

Last edited:

cadman777

Reaction score
Which war?

I just read your statement at the bottom of your thread.
Not to get into it, but the 'authorities' I read show that the US government created COVID19 at U of NC @ Chapel Hill. Canada gov't was involved. It was sold to the highest bidder, which apparently was China. But the real 'virus' was tested on the American public back in 2016-18, and it murdered many people t/o the nation. These are well established facts if you read the non-propaganda reports. BOTTOM LINE IS, COVID19 IS A BIO-WEAPON THAT U.S.G. CREATED & TESTED ON THE AMERICAN PEOPLE AS WELL AS USED IT TO SOCIALLY AND FINANCIALLY RESTRUCTURE AMERICA, MOVING US INTO GLOBAL GOVERNANCE. The Rockefeller's planned this back in 2010. You can read it for yourself on their web site if you search for it. Besides all that, what USG did, in cahoots with all the other political venues (states, counties, municipalities, etc.) is, they violated the GENEVA PROTOCOLS, which (if memory serves) deems such acts CAPITAL CRIMES. So who's gonna ENFORCE the international laws against these criminals?

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most-recent actual DECLARED war that the USA was involved in.

Korea was a "Police Action".
Viet Nam was a "Police Action".
Both "Gulf" conflicts were never a declared war.

The War on Terror, the War on Poverty, the War on Drugs, and the current War on Cars does not count.

A prewar Buick might have some thermionic emission devices in the radio. Beyond that, no electronics.

cadman777

Reaction score
My research shows that USG has been at war since the founding days.
There hasn't been a 5 year span of time when the US hasn't been at war somewhere around the world.
And ALL but a handful of those wars were for our safety and security (at the beginning of the Republic).
All the rest did the bidding of the 'idle rich' (1909 & 1913 Congressional Record term).
So I'm not sure which war you considered LEGIT that was 'declared', b/c I always thought 'declared' meant 'legit'!

cadman777

Reaction score
If by 'pre-war' you mean VietNam, then where can I get one that's not a mess?
When traveling in Turkey I saw plenty of them back in the mid 80's.
They were the taxis, kept in pristine condition.
Checkered cabs, Buicks, Chevys, a few Fords, etc.
All 4 door sedans with big V8's.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WWII was the last declared war the USA has been involved in.

We fund "wars", but chickenshit Congress doesn't have the stones to actually declare war against anything, or anyone, except for publicity-stunts like the War on Poverty.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, most car guys know 'pre-war' means pre WWII.

There's a big difference between declaring war (WWII) and being involved in wars (no 5-year span without being 'involved' since 1776)

And this forum is pretty well regulated to not letting current politics intrude. It hasn't gotten there yet but I could see the OP possibly going that rout. Just a FYI to the OP, nothing wrong with history but current politics gets shut down quick here.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have worked on numerous EFI vehicles with well over 500K miles that still had OEM engines that had never been apart. Carb engines wear the cylinder bores out much quicker as well as contaminate the oil with unburned, raw fuel. Sensors can fail but it is fairly rare. There are few like 02 sensors that are cheap and expendable. You can get 100K out of plugs and wires using decent replacements on EFI engines. My 2007 G35 has nearly 300K on the engine and transmission and neither has ever been opened up save for valve cover gaskets when they started leaking. There is no possible way a carbureted vehicle is overall cheaper to maintain. I have owned numerous examples of both. Once you have software to look at what is coming out of the PCMs datastream and know what to look for, EFI repair becomes simple. Some will argue the computer itself is prone to failure, In 20 years I have personally only traced a problem back to the PCM 2 times. Both times were because of contamination from corrosion on badly neglected vehicles. The master cylinder and booster were both dripping fluid on the case in one and it had a solid 1/2" of dirt and grime that had accumulated. The 2nd one was a mildly flood damaged car. It had been driven into standing water and it reached the ECM in the kick panel, shorting it out.

cadman777

Reaction score
I have worked on numerous EFI vehicles with well over 500K miles that still had OEM engines that had never been apart. Carb engines wear the cylinder bores out much quicker as well as contaminate the oil with unburned, raw fuel. Sensors can fail but it is fairly rare. There are few like 02 sensors that are cheap and expendable. You can get 100K out of plugs and wires using decent replacements on EFI engines. My 2007 G35 has nearly 300K on the engine and transmission and neither has ever been opened up save for valve cover gaskets when they started leaking. There is no possible way a carbureted vehicle is overall cheaper to maintain. I have owned numerous examples of both. Once you have software to look at what is coming out of the PCMs datastream and know what to look for, EFI repair becomes simple. Some will argue the computer itself is prone to failure, In 20 years I have personally only traced a problem back to the PCM 2 times. Both times were because of contamination from corrosion on badly neglected vehicles. The master cylinder and booster were both dripping fluid on the case in one and it had a solid 1/2" of dirt and grime that had accumulated. The 2nd one was a mildly flood damaged car. It had been driven into standing water and it reached the ECM in the kick panel, shorting it out.
What scanner do you use and how much did it cost?
What YMM vehicles do you fix with it?
Where did you learn how to read the numbers?
Where did you get your info on how the systems work?
Where did you get the info on all the wiring diagrams and all the controls specs?