2 door yukon rear tailgate release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
so since ive been a post ***** lately why not ask some more question i could physicallynever figure out or understand so two things. ive swapped a few different rear tailgate and glass panels in my truck and they never properly release, replaced the mechaism and still doesnt work, i know why it isnt working but i cant get it onto any sort of specific adjustment for it to solve the issue. so has anyone ever had to deal with the same thing before? and if so did you ever figure it out?

i thought that it could be the switch not sending a strong enough signal? i dont know im out of ideas.

secondly instead of the switch is there someway that when i lift the handle on the tailgate part it would also open the glass? i know its not the greatest idea but youd pull the handle open the glass then let the tailgate down all in one.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well if you yanked the tailgate down the mechanisms in holding the glass could get snagged up.

You would have to rig the tailgates handle to pop the hatch in a sense. My hatch system leaks a little. And my question is how have you adjusted yours?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
the mechanisms ive moved in out up down, spaced them tried to snug them closer, changed springs in the release, stilld oesnt work. i can press the buttona few times sometimes and itll hit just right that the latches pops open. otherwise i determined that when you shut the hatch no matter how hard or light the latch goes past where its suppose to hit and even though your button releases all the way, the latch is stuck and doesnt move.

so i was thinking that if i could grab the tailgate handle to pop that open and have the glass release pull that up and then lower the tailgate thatd work for me. ideally id like the button to work, but cleaning it lubing it nothing has worked and its a bit irritating.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Mine doesn't "pop" open, it just releases. I've never had too many issues, just every once in a while it seems like it doesn't want to let go. But I just press the button again and pull harder on the hatch glass handle, and it opens just fine.

Sorry, can't be much more help than that. I guess I could take some pics or video of mine opening and closing if you want. :shrug:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my actuator releases all the way its the latch that gets stuck or froze. the latch is only suppose to go back so far and it goes past that so the actuator will release when you press the button but the latch doesnt snap or recoil back so it just locks itself again when you let go of the button. ive tried ajusting everything i could, i swapped out components from a trucks that i know worked as well and it did the same thing.