1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just a slight hair more blue. Here is the same shot with the black levels turned way up so you can focus more on the lights. You can see just a bit more blue around the edges of the reflection in the headlights of the '91. That could also be a product of the larger headlamp giving the light more area to spread out on the reflector.

You must be registered for see images attach
From my understanding it seems pretty normal... I mean there is only 500K of difference and they usually sell them in at least 1000K if not 2000K increments. Besides we all know that some of the cheaper HID's tend to not be completely accurate with the color temperature that they are advertised at.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off they look great, second I agree they look very similar in color. I like you dually in the pic too, it's begging for some attention too, Ha Ha.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The 91 looks so damn good, that's coming from a guy that has never been into lowered trucks at all.
That being said your inspection is way out of date which means you obviously do not enjoy the vehicle like you should and it would be smart to let me take it off your hands for a little while to stretch it's legs.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From my understanding it seems pretty normal... I mean there is only 500K of difference...

Oh trust me, I'm well aware of that.

the size of the housing is what made the 91 look blue'r in my opinion.

That's what I feel too. The smaller housing on the Suburban keeps the light more compact and doesn't allow that blue to appear around the edges of the light. I bet if I had something to measure the actual Kelvin temperatures that there wouldn't be much difference, if any at all. I wouldn't expect a true 500K difference.

I like you dually in the pic too, it's begging for some attention too, Ha Ha.

It really is. The poor thing. It is in desperate need of a paint job. Luckily it's a Texas truck. If we lived in the rust belt, that thing would be toast right now.

The 91 looks so damn good, that's coming from a guy that has never been into lowered trucks at all.
That being said your inspection is way out of date which means you obviously do not enjoy the vehicle like you should and it would be smart to let me take it off your hands for a little while to stretch it's legs.

ha...Not a chance! :lol: I bet the truck is enjoying its retirement. I enjoyed the hell out of that truck for many years before it's deserved retirement. It got driven hard and enjoyed greatly. It's been there by me through some of the worst times of my life and through the best times. Now it can sit back and relax, though it does need to come out and play more often.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What a pain in the ass day. I took the battery in to have it tested and it checked out ok. The alternator, not so much. So, I figured if I'm going to replace it, I could step up to a little bigger one in the process. I went to O'Reilly to buy it, but that store didn't have one. The store on the other side of town did, so I went and picked it up. I get home and get the thing bolted in and then I realize that the plug is different. So, unbolt it all and head back to the store. I'm stuck with the stock 105 amp since that's the only one they carry with the proper plug. Dammit. So, I got it on and all seems to be good. It's charging 14-15 volts now instead of the 12 or so it was charging.

So, hopefully I'm done with BS crap like this for at least another couple weeks. It's been every 2 weeks lately that the damn thing has thrown something at me. Maybe it'll be a good boy now.

96RedCav

That Cavalier guy
Reaction score
Honestly, They look the same. My 35W 6K DDM kit looks almost similar as well. They are really blue when they first fire up, but move to a nice white once heated.

How bad is the glare with stock housings? Any type of cut-off? I know you understand H.I.D.'s and projectors so I won't get into my gripes here. Just a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've yet to drive the '91 at night with the HIDs, so I can't really say much about how they are. I have the TYC Elegante lights on the Suburban. They're obviously not optimal with the HIDs, but they're much better than stock headlights. Since they have glare shields and I take care in my aiming, there is no real bad glare to speak of. I've made sure to be on the receiving end of them. I have very sensitive eyes, so if they don't bother me, they won't bother most people. I have never once been flashed with them. The cutoff is nothing compared to my CTS with proper OEM HID projectors, but there is some semblance of a cutoff and again, they're better than stock headlights. Until I can afford to do a proper HID projector retrofit, it'll work. I get much better lighting than stock and I'm not blinding other drivers. You can't ask for much more than that.