1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was digging around in my toolbox today and found a baggie of LEDs from an order I had made with SuperBrightLEDs years ago. It turns out I had the exact number (4) of the correct style (#74) and right color (blue, of course) to do the rear a/c controls in the Suburban, so I now have matching blue rear air panels. :cool:

On a less pleasant note, it seems that my battery may be on its last leg. I went to start the Suburban so I could pull the '91 out and it wouldn't start. I jumped it off. After I put up the '91, I went to start the Suburban and again it wouldn't start. :banghead:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While I was playing with the trucks today, I took some shots to compare the HIDs on the 2 trucks. The '91 has 5000K from HIDgate and the Suburban has 4500K from DDM. Honestly, I can't tell a damn bit of difference.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
....i touched myself.... lol, JK!! But damn they do look the same in brightness.. Wish i could see blue riden down the street :)

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, brightness should be the same anyhow. They're both 35w kits. It's the color I was comparing. The 5000K should be just a hair more blue, but I just don't see it. I wish I had a way to actually measure the Kelvin temps.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just a slight hair more blue. Here is the same shot with the black levels turned way up so you can focus more on the lights. You can see just a bit more blue around the edges of the reflection in the headlights of the '91. That could also be a product of the larger headlamp giving the light more area to spread out on the reflector.