1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Well, thread on this truck is kind of dying... I just been driving it lately... What are some of yalls suggestions of what needs to be done next? Im about to buy a house, so nothing expensive lol. I have the 4 brake light mod up next, but that won't take but a few mins when i get ready to do it...

98_k1500

Reaction score
Local shop. Only have 2500 miles on them so far. Not noticing any wear, I guess time will tell. They still have casting letters from the molds on the tread.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Looking to re-do my pinstripes. They are jacked up because they did not match on the 2 trucks this is built out of. Any suggestions? Right now most of the truck has the factory thick/thin silver stripes on it.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Thanks. Still driving her every day. Only thing i have broken so far is the passenger side outer tie rod end. It snapped on me when trying to pull a durango up a insane hill.

98_k1500

Reaction score
7200 miles after completion, she is still running like a sewing machine. My 4x4 currently does not work. I suspect the actuator is bad, but i have yet to check it. Other than that, she seems to be holding up well. I am still using it for a DD.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
7200 miles after completion, she is still running like a sewing machine. My 4x4 currently does not work. I suspect the actuator is bad, but i have yet to check it. Other than that, she seems to be holding up well. I am still using it for a DD.
Have any future plans for it now that everything is more or less how it should be?

98_k1500

Reaction score
I plan on plasti-dipping the bottom of it dark grey, fixing the molding, laying some new pinstripes on it, and putting some new vent visors on it. Thats the extent of the plans i have for it at this moment. May start on some interior mods after that. I really want bucket seats, but with it being a single cab, sometimes that middle seat gets used.