1998 K2500 ECLB - Not another truck build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LMB1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You just had to build exactly what I wish mine was the light duty short bed version of.

Freakin awesome sir, I love the look!

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Where'd you get the mirrors from? I've been thinking about grabbing a set.

Sent from my bored/stroked iPhone 6S

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You just had to build exactly what I wish mine was the light duty short bed version of.

Freakin awesome sir, I love the look!

Thank you!

is there any way you wouldn't mind swapping hoods with me would ya? JK. truck looks great and only looking better.

Ha, sorry. I'm hanging onto the body work. :)

Where'd you get the mirrors from? I've been thinking about grabbing a set.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272311998569?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
So... the girls and I loaded up for the maiden voyage of the truck this evening. A real good test of all the repairs i've done since buying it. (Whole cooling system, belt drive system and tune-up.) It ate up all of the miles I could throw at it. I believe we took it on a 95 mile round trip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not bad for a truck that sat for the last 2-3 years.

I also got the leather to cloth interior swap done today, along with some LED's.

I do believe i'm going to track down an Escalade / Denali console for the truck.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So... the girls and I loaded up for the maiden voyage of the truck this evening. A real good test of all the repairs i've done since buying it. (Whole cooling system, belt drive system and tune-up.) It ate up all of the miles I could throw at it. I believe we took it on a 95 mile round trip.

Not bad for a truck that sat for the last 2-3 years.

I also got the leather to cloth interior swap done today, along with some LED's.

I do believe i'm going to track down an Escalade / Denali console for the truck.
Looking good. 6k high and low with 4 high mod?

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
PolarBear, how was the install on those?

EDIT: I just noticed they're for 88-98.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
PolarBear, how was the install on those?

EDIT: I just noticed they're for 88-98.

They're a simple bolt on deal, the wiring on the other hand requires some work. As the mirrors left - right operation is wired incorrectly. So you have to swap the pins. The front clearance lamps and in-glass turn signals are wired together. I prefer the glass signals to work as such and the clearance lamps to stay on solid any time the running lamps or head lamps are on. Just a little wiring work to do that.

I believe Dave has a write-up that explains diodes and making the signals work front and rear with the clearance lamps being on normally. It's under a post called "K2xx mirror disassembly".

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
They're a simple bolt on deal, the wiring on the other hand requires some work. As the mirrors left - right operation is wired incorrectly. So you have to swap the pins. The front clearance lamps and in-glass turn signals are wired together. I prefer the glass signals to work as such and the clearance lamps to stay on solid any time the running lamps or head lamps are on. Just a little wiring work to do that.

I believe Dave has a write-up that explains diodes and making the signals work front and rear with the clearance lamps being on normally. It's under a post called "K2xx mirror disassembly".
Great, thanks for the info. They have turn signals in the glass, is that what you mean? I don't need that. Is just prefer the outside lights stay on with my running lights and don't need the turn signals in the glass.