1998 K2500 ECLB - Not another truck build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just picked this guy up earlier today. Ever since I sold my 98 ECLB K2500, i've been wanting another one.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's a 1998 K2500, has EVERY option checked, BUT a 6.5 or 7.4. It has a strong 5.7 / 4L80E setup with push button 4wd.

I'm sure in the next week, i'll lose the grandpa running boards, chrome tripod mirrors and get a good buff on the paint. This truck is absolutely rust free.

My plans next week so far:

PYO's with 285's
Typical headlight, park light, turn signal, 3rd brake light and tail light upgrades
Ditch the leather front and rear seats for cloth interior
2015+ tow mirrors

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I loved your last ECLB build, it made me want one something serious
Hopefully this one will stick around for a while?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I loved your last ECLB build, it made me want one something serious
Hopefully this one will stick around for a while?

That's awesome you followed the pewter 98 GMC!

I plan on keeping it around for a while, it seems well suited to be my new daily driver.

I believe i'm going to track down a chrome diesel bumper for it tomorrow. We'll see where the day takes me. :)

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Gave the truck it's first wash in 2 years today. I'll have to hit it with a claybar and buff it out tomorrow.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
It looks like it's in great shape!! As for the mirrors, too bad they bolted to the door.

Same issue with my crew cab when I got it, I just waited for a nice set of white doors and swapped them over. I'll do the same with this truck. I'll tell you though, if I was a psychic, I would've kept the clean pair of black doors I just sold two weeks ago.

Nice. Why ditch the leather seats?

Hate is such a strong word... but I HATE leather.

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Just picked this guy up earlier today. Ever since I sold my 98 ECLB K2500, i've been wanting another one.

It's a 1998 K2500, has EVERY option checked, BUT a 6.5 or 7.4. It has a strong 5.7 / 4L80E setup with push button 4wd.

I'm sure in the next week, i'll lose the grandpa running boards, chrome tripod mirrors and get a good buff on the paint. This truck is absolutely rust free.

My plans next week so far:

PYO's with 285's
Typical headlight, park light, turn signal, 3rd brake light and tail light upgrades
Ditch the leather front and rear seats for cloth interior
2015+ tow mirrors
Right on god Iv seen some nice 88-98 gm trucks destroyed by them ugly mirrors. I would like a long box some time Im going to be buying a couple 450 2stroke Kawasaki dirtbikes and probably sell my 16 700 Raptor soon. A long box would be nice for a few reasons not many people run long boxes and I'll be able to have both bikes loaded with the end gate up. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on your truck sounds like a cool build.