1998 K2500 ECLB - Not another truck build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

black90sport

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking great man! What headlight combo is that? If mine dont polish out enough I am going to have to get some newer ones. Your interior pics are making me seriously question upgrading from my moonie gauges.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looking great man! What headlight combo is that? If mine dont polish out enough I am going to have to get some newer ones. Your interior pics are making me seriously question upgrading from my moonie gauges.

Thank you!

Headlights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201345634801?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Corner lights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/122110825139?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I've done a good deal more to it. Just been lazy on posting lol. I just got 35s and new rims. Gonna update once those go on

Quit being such a slacker and update it!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Anything new with the truck?

Unfortunately, nothing too interesting. I've been busy with the parts business and now my attention has slowly focused back on my 1990 regular cab shortbed.

Although, I did install a Flowmaster catback on this truck with the 50 series muffler. Turned out with the perfect amount of grunt and low interior resonance. Topped the whole thing off with a 4" stainless tip.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also deleted the factory oil cooler, converted to a vertical oil filter, gained about 10psi at idle and 15psi cruising oil pressure.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Unfortunately, nothing too interesting. I've been busy with the parts business and now my attention has slowly focused back on my 1990 regular cab shortbed.

Although, I did install a Flowmaster catback on this truck with the 50 series muffler. Turned out with the perfect amount of grunt and low interior resonance. Topped the whole thing off with a 4" stainless tip.

Also deleted the factory oil cooler, converted to a vertical oil filter, gained about 10psi at idle and 15psi cruising oil pressure.
What does converting to a vertical filter entail? Ive never heard of that?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What does converting to a vertical filter entail? Ive never heard of that?

Basically, removing the engine oil cooler adapter that comes stock on the small block trucks and replacing it with a pre-88 oil filter adapter and using an 8.1 HD oil filter. It just allows you to remove the oil cooler lines, which are for the most part.. useless.

David did a very well written post about how to do it, here. I believe it's under the engine section.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Basically, removing the engine oil cooler adapter that comes stock on the small block trucks and replacing it with a pre-88 oil filter adapter and using an 8.1 HD oil filter. It just allows you to remove the oil cooler lines, which are for the most part.. useless.

David did a very well written post about how to do it, here. I believe it's under the engine section.
Well I think you should be able to go directly off the block if you aren't looking at running cooler lines.

I swapped mine out with an older version because my truck is solid axled and wanted to run the larger filter.