1998 K2500 ECLB - Not another truck build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Went out, got some new Kenda Klever M/T tires in 285/75/16 mounted and balanced.

You must be registered for see images attach

Threw them on the truck yesterday.

Replaced the missing door handle, ordered and received a new GM key fob and programmed it. My wife did the window tint on the truck.

I also replaced the drivers side quarter window. Removed the whole entire interior, pressure washed the carpet.

Replaced the entire cooling system, replaced the belt tensioner, idler and belt, full tune up and new filters lastnight.

I hope to get the 2015 mirrors installed and wired tomorrow.

I still need to swap an escalade cluster in, add the double din and the subwoofer and amp setup.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
If you ever decide to get rid of this, let me know, I will drive out to KS and take it off your hands :Big Laugh:

Looking good so far! Cleans up real nice for an old man truck, it'll look a lot better once you ditch the running-boards and camper mirrors.
What's your thoughts on Kenda Klevers? I've only ever seen two or three trucks in person running them;

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
If you ever decide to get rid of this, let me know, I will drive out to KS and take it off your hands :Big Laugh:

Looking good so far! Cleans up real nice for an old man truck, it'll look a lot better once you ditch the running-boards and camper mirrors.
What's your thoughts on Kenda Klevers? I've only ever seen two or three trucks in person running them;

Thank you! I do plan on ditching the mirrors and running boards this week.

The Klevers so far, are AWESOME! They're almost all-terrain quiet going down the road at highway speed. I was worried about the road noise with these, being mud tires.

I'm sure you'll know if I decide to sell it. :)

Nice. Tint looks great. Tires and wheels go a long way for looks

That's what i'm saying, the wheels make this truck.

Just grabbed my spare NOS instrument cluster lens and an escalade cluster. Threw some led's in it and dropped it in the truck.

Just installed my LED tails and LED third brake light too, but for some reason the picture won't upload!

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking good. I think I love eclb as much as cclb when done right. Wish they had 3rd or even 4 door option on the gmt400 extended cab trucks

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looking good. I think I love eclb as much as cclb when done right. Wish they had 3rd or even 4 door option on the gmt400 extended cab trucks

Thank you! I say the same about the 3rd door option. I'm considering a cab swap, if I come across a nice rust free cab with good black paint.

Here's a picture of the LED tail lamps.

Added new glass lens headlights, led park lights and clear corner lenses this evening. Also threw in some 6K HID's and a diesel bumper.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Well great.
This truck has made me going back to holding out for a K2500,

I think if you color matched the grille and threw in some billet inserts, that'd make this truck looks even better!

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Thank you! I say the same about the 3rd door option. I'm considering a cab swap, if I come across a nice rust free cab with good black paint.

Here's a picture of the LED tail lamps.

Added new glass lens headlights, led park lights and clear corner lenses this evening. Also threw in some 6K HID's and a diesel bumper.

Cab swap.... 3rd door K2500/K3500 FTW.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Tint and dash cluster lights I would love to do before winter. Truck looks good with the wheel and tire setup you got!

What are you doing for a stereo in this thing? All from one company? One sub two sub three sub?