1998 GMC Sierra 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dunner

Reaction score
The only difference in the rough country 4" an 6" lifts is the add a leaf in the rear. That's the rcx lift set at 4". The brackets in the front drop everything 5.25". You actually lower the truck from stock settings at the torsion bars to get 4" of lift. You crank it just slightly for 6".

So if you want the lift now, but can't get tires, leave the aal out set the front level with the rear an drive it. When you're ready for tires throw the aal in the rear crank the front level an throw on your 35's...

Alright thanks a lot for the advice! My buddy's dad works for Michelin so I am just waiting to hear back if he can get me the discount on my tires and then ill make my decision!

Dunner

Reaction score
Alright! So he can get me the discount on the tires, and its looking like around 500-600 for the whole set of 35/12.5/15 either mud terrains or AT's, i wanted mud terrains but he thinks i should get AT's for better traction even on dry pavement and especially on the light wet stuff, im undecided, any advice about these tires?

Dunner

Reaction score
Hey guys, thought i would do an update on the truck. So i ended up going with the 3" Rough Country lift kit since when i was looking i found one for a price i could not turn down. Kit seems alright but we will see how it holds up, we had a huge problem with the alignment after it was installed though. Every time i turned left i would get a crazy vibration and felt like the tire was jumping up and down. We realigned it and somehow the previous alignment was way out which was kinda weird but everything seems okay now, we will see how it holds up!!

Next my buddys dad ordered me my tires!! I ordered BFG AT's 33/12.5/15, but when they came they were only 10.5. He got me them for 500$ for the whole set so felt bad if i went back to him and asked him to return them so i just sucked it up!

I found a set of rims on Kijiji of just plain black steel 15" rims that had a nice amount of offset for only 50$! So i picked those up and sanded and repainted them, looks good!

I had a couple of problems with the truck as well, it always had an exhaust leak from the start but then acquired an antifreeze leak too! We ended up fixing those with new gaskets and replaced the coil and wires (Which were the original ones by the way!!!) Truck runs really well now and hopefully don't run into any major problems.

You must be registered for see images attach