1998 GMC Sierra 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice truck :waytogo:

don't listen to jake- don't crank it! :lol:

Either BL and save parts or do an all outsuspension, 4 or 6 in.

Jake gave him a perfectly good option if he doesn't mind a bit rougher ride an don't want to drop 1k+ on a lift. An the 3" kit is just a bandaid for the upper ball joints. It does nothing for the CV or tierod angles.

Dunner

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys, and yeah i decided against the 3" now, gonna go with a 6"!!

Dunner

Reaction score
Yeah i think im gonna be more satisfied with it forsure. Was gonna order the lift kit first and put it in and wait for the rims and tires for a couple months, but don't think i could take how weird it would look. So gonna order my tires first, getting BFG mud terrains KM2 35/12.5/15, cant wait!!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could always leave the add a leaf out until you get tires an set the front level with the back. Would look like this on 265...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only difference in the rough country 4" an 6" lifts is the add a leaf in the rear. That's the rcx lift set at 4". The brackets in the front drop everything 5.25". You actually lower the truck from stock settings at the torsion bars to get 4" of lift. You crank it just slightly for 6".

So if you want the lift now, but can't get tires, leave the aal out set the front level with the rear an drive it. When you're ready for tires throw the aal in the rear crank the front level an throw on your 35's...