1998 Chevrolet K3500 CCLB "Zeus"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Got yours eyes set on any particular AT's or MT's?

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

Currently inbetween the Falken Wildpeak A/T and the Goodyear Wranger Duratrac. I've never used a set of Duratracs, but they seem really aggressive for an All-Terrain tire. I've had three sets of the Wildpeak's before and they did great for highway use and light offroad use. I primarily use the truck as a daily driver, so it see's 80 miles each day. For this reason, is why I won't run a set of mud tires.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I understand your point on MT's same reason I stay with AT's. I've always heard good things about duratracs, I'm a Firestone destination fan myself though but with the deal I got at work I'm currently riding on a set of Hankook Dyna pro's. IIRC the wild peaks they're sorta similar to my hankooks. After $100 rebate I only paid $750 for 285's so those won over destination AT's at $1,000

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I understand your point on MT's same reason I stay with AT's. I've always heard good things about duratracs, I'm a Firestone destination fan myself though but with the deal I got at work I'm currently riding on a set of Hankook Dyna pro's. IIRC the wild peaks they're sorta similar to my hankooks. After $100 rebate I only paid $750 for 285's so those won over destination AT's at $1,000

I used to be a hardcore destination A/T guy until I purchased a brand new set from a firestone store, they slipped a belt or two and they wouldn't warranty them after 3 months. That's when I switched to Falken Wildpeaks.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind should I ever go to a Firestone store then! no complaints from my hankooks though, much more pleased then I was with the previous nitto terra grapplers.... Junk!

Fuzzy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently inbetween the Falken Wildpeak A/T and the Goodyear Wranger Duratrac. I've never used a set of Duratracs, but they seem really aggressive for an All-Terrain tire. I've had three sets of the Wildpeak's before and they did great for highway use and light offroad use. I primarily use the truck as a daily driver, so it see's 80 miles each day. For this reason, is why I won't run a set of mud tires.

I've had duratracs on my truck for ~5000 miles and out of the tires I've ran these are the best on/off road tires I've used. However they do have some road noise at highway speed, not much, but more than the rocky mountain ats I had before. They also seem a little soft, especially under hard braking, but overall they're probably the only tire i'll put on my truck from now on.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finished the 3" body lift, swapped to a GMC grille and added a 32" led lightbar behind the grille.

I think i'm going to settle with 305/70/16's.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I need a new grille valance, as the lower part of the grille wont stay put.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some updates, been driving the truck all week to and from work. I'm definitely enjoying the 7.4's power output, makes a really large truck nice to drive!

Decided to take the fabricated bumpers off and go back to stock, so I picked up a chrome diesel bumper for the front and have a chrome rear bumper coming.

Also picked up some brand new headlights, park lights and corner lenses for it. Waiting for the HID's I ordered to come in, also going to order a new chrome grille.

How do you like the turn signals. Just an eBay brand?

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
The LED turn signals are GREAT. They're made by Spyder auto. The corner lenses leaked though, that's why I upgraded to the frosted GMC corners when I did the swap.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Finally wired the light bar in this weekend, here are some pictures:

Just 6K 55W HID's in 4Hi (All four on)

Just the light bar on, no headlights.

Also added some LED tail lights with matching led backup bulbs. Definitely make the rear of the truck look nicer.