1998 Chevrolet K3500 CCLB "Zeus"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As it turns out, my plug only has 3 wires so I'll either have to pin the 2 temp wires into my existing plug (if I can figure out how) or just solder up the pigtail that came with the mirror. Still need to figure out why the new one has 2 plugs. I found a sticky on here but mine seems like a *******.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
As it turns out, my plug only has 3 wires so I'll either have to pin the 2 temp wires into my existing plug (if I can figure out how) or just solder up the pigtail that came with the mirror. Still need to figure out why the new one has 2 plugs. I found a sticky on here but mine seems like a *******.

Is it a big regular rectangular plug and a small square two pin plug? If so, the small two pin plug is just for a Daytime Running Light "Delay", it isn't vital to the operation of the mirror.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet, I disabled my DRLs long ago so if I can get away with pinning those 2 wires I'm in business. Plan is to use OHC temp function for interior and mirror for exterior so they already exist in the headliner.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
Definitely an easy job. Takes about 20 minutes for disassembly and soldering on the two switches.

I didn't even realize they were supposed to light up, until I saw them illuminated in Dave's truck.

Sounds easy, I already did my airbag and 4x4 switch so fog and cargo should be easy.
I saw that Dave had done it too but since my cargo switch doesn't light up I thought he had to add a bulb, not that there was one there already.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I'm sure you could trace the wiring down the a-pillar and find the wires from there, instead I ran fresh wires up to mine. I just clipped the wires at the factory mirror pigtail and spliced in my external wires.

On the calibration of the mirror, that's another thing. I know the calibration mode and zone settings usually worked best for me. You can go drive in figure 8's in a parking lot for a while...

The wires are in a connector that ends on top of the steering column brace. Basically you need to have the dash down to get to it.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Received my GM LED inserts from Dave (88GMCTruck) today. Couldn't wait to get them installed!

You must be registered for see images attach

Aftermarket 5 chip LED bulbs vs GM 3 chip led, GM pictured far right.

These things are ridiculously bright and a definite must do for anyone with roof clearance lamps!

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
That is some proper brightness, I likes! If my truck had clearence lights I would definitely try and get my hands on a set.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Received my Z56 Police cluster today, it's been bothering me for the last week not having a matching trans temp gauge to the instrument cluster.