1998 Chevrolet K3500 CCLB "Zeus"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Looks really nice!
I knew my fog had a bulb in it but didn't know the cargo had it too, I guess I'll be taking both of them apart and puting new bulbs in.

Definitely an easy job. Takes about 20 minutes for disassembly and soldering on the two switches.

I didn't even realize they were supposed to light up, until I saw them illuminated in Dave's truck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Received my transmission temperature and pillar pod yesterday. Started working on it last night as it got dark.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
For those of you questioning the accuracy of the test port for the sending unit. Here's a comparison between my stock pan mounted sending unit in my 4L80E and the aftermarket guage.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Your CMPRET is .5 out of spec. :nutkick:

Good info though, I've wondered myself as I use the test port. Of course I could have compared with EFILive via the stock sensor too. . .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Added a compass / temperature rear view mirror. Found out, if the truck had a compass mirror from the factory, the wiring for the temperature probe was already there. I didn't realize that until I already built a new harness for the sensor and ran it up to the headliner.

Just went back and read the whole thing and saw this. I have a compass/temp mirror in the garage and my truck came stock with a compass mirror. So they plug right in? Where do the temp wires come out?

I just installed my compass/temp mirror. Compass is off for some reason even after setting the zone, but it works. My compass quit working in my old mirror. There was a small 2 wire plug on the new mirror that the old mirror didn't have. Is that just power and ground? I mean I can rob that from my overhead console. I've been avoiding this install for a long time now because I didn't feel like running yet another harness up the headliner that probably wouldn't fit in the first place.

Last edited:

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Just went back and read the whole thing and saw this. I have a compass/temp mirror in the garage and my truck came stock with a compass mirror. So they plug right in? Where do the temp wires come out?

I just installed my compass/temp mirror. Compass is off for some reason even after setting the zone, but it works. My compass quit working in my old mirror. There was a small 2 wire plug on the new mirror that the old mirror didn't have. Is that just power and ground? I mean I can rob that from my overhead console. I've been avoiding this install for a long time now because I didn't feel like running yet another harness up the headliner that probably wouldn't fit in the first place.

I'm sure you could trace the wiring down the a-pillar and find the wires from there, instead I ran fresh wires up to mine. I just clipped the wires at the factory mirror pigtail and spliced in my external wires.

On the calibration of the mirror, that's another thing. I know the calibration mode and zone settings usually worked best for me. You can go drive in figure 8's in a parking lot for a while...