1998 C1500 Silverado: EVO delete: Pressure hose question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The delete kits usually have a C shaped piece of tubing that relocates the pressure port to the same location as the OE EVO fitting allowing use of the stock hose. If I were changing the pump, I would get a 95 pump and hose. That eliminates an added point for future leaks, one less connection and one less o'ring.
So a 95 or 96 Pump and hose will directly bolt onto the 99” 5.7 P.S Pump bracket ? I just wanna be sure before I buy both new that they didn’t change the bracket shape or bolt points ?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So a 95 or 96 Pump and hose will directly bolt onto the 99” 5.7 P.S Pump bracket ? I just wanna be sure before I buy both new that they didn’t change the bracket shape or bolt points ?
I have the 87 G20 TBI pump bolted to the 4.3L or L31 brackets in the 87 van I am building. Nothing changed there. On the 99 Tahoe the stock pump bolted on the 8.1L from an 02 van. A LS pump is actually what GM lists as a replacement for my 97 van.

Splat

Reaction score
Just to come back with a very late update..... :) I swapped the cover on the new '95 pump to my old '98 pump's cover. I used the adapter to delete the EVO sensor and all has been well since install. Thanks

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to come back with a very late update..... :) I swapped the cover on the new '95 pump to my old '98 pump's cover. I used the adapter to delete the EVO sensor and all has been well since install. Thanks
Ok guys Im just confused at this point.. Ive been under a ton of repairs lately so I can’t think straight .. No time to be ordering stuff not knowing exactly the right combination isn’t gonna cut it .

I need some more intel , my ps leak is getting bad at the Evo solenoid . My 99 suburban pump is perfectly fine I want to keep it use it on my suburban no need to do the older pump swap .
I want to do one of two options Do the entire evo delete kit plumbing and keep my Line !
Or run just the “One” adapter form the kit shown in the photo posted and screw that right into the back of my pump .
If I keep my pump which is a 99” suburban pump , What part# or brand high pressure line can I find from a older 95-96 c1500 that will wrap around the back and screw direct into the adapter . It seems they mention pump too hydro or pump to gear box lines . I just need to know of a specific High pressure line what brand what year what style to purchase that will wrap around the back of the pump and thread into the “single”Evo adapter.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpeg
    IMG_0212.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys Im just confused at this point.. Ive been under a ton of repairs lately so I can’t think straight .. No time to be ordering stuff not knowing exactly the right combination isn’t gonna cut it .

I need some more intel , my ps leak is getting bad at the Evo solenoid . My 99 suburban pump is perfectly fine I want to keep it use it on my suburban no need to do the older pump swap .
I want to do one of two options Do the entire evo delete kit plumbing and keep my Line !
Or run just the “One” adapter form the kit shown in the photo posted and screw that right into the back of my pump .
If I keep my pump which is a 99” suburban pump , What part# or brand high pressure line can I find from a older 95-96 c1500 that will wrap around the back and screw direct into the adapter . It seems they mention pump too hydro or pump to gear box lines . I just need to know of a specific High pressure line what brand what year what style to purchase that will wrap around the back of the pump and thread into the “single”Evo adapter.
Thanks
All I would like to know is what particular line swap year ? Brand? do I need specifically to achieve this direct swap to my 99 evo pump with the evo delete adapter. I read a few places guys just use the one fitting and run a olde c1500 power steering line. But I’m confused about pump to hydro or pump to gear .
I’m fairly sure my High pressure line from what I see goes from the pump to the gear box direct . So that’s the line I’m gonna need from a Non evo pump

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The delete kits usually have a C shaped piece of tubing that relocates the pressure port to the same location as the OE EVO fitting allowing use of the stock hose. If I were changing the pump, I would get a 95 pump and hose. That eliminates an added point for future leaks, one less connection and one less o'ring.
So A 1995 c1500 silverado style high pressure hose will adapt right to the evo delete adapter ??? Specifically the circled adapter shown here ?
All I want to do is use the one single adapter in my 99 pump and run a 95 hose ?
Is that the way of it ?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So A 1995 c1500 silverado style high pressure hose will adapt right to the evo delete adapter ??? Specifically the circled adapter shown here ?
All I want to do is use the one single adapter in my 99 pump and run a 95 hose ?
Is that the way of it ?
Correct, you need the output fitting and the older hose. It threads right in. If you have a vacuum booster the hose will be listed as a pressure hose, pump to gear. The pressure hose has a fitting crimped on both ends and the return hose only has 1 fitting crimped on or it is a bulk 3/8" return hose. I use EFI clamps even on the return hoses.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct, you need the output fitting and the older hose. It threads right in. If you have a vacuum booster the hose will be listed as a pressure hose, pump to gear.
Ok I read on one thread the guys said the 95 style hose don’t fit the 98-99 threading ?
Directly ..

So if im keeping my 99” pump which I am cause it’s good and I want to use the evo delete fitting which year do I want for the pressure line 95 or 96
These are the listings for a 95 , but someone posted the 96 line is the one you want . I think the misunderstanding is we the for not in trying to direct for to my pump with a 95 line or us the evo delete and a 95 line

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 2

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok I read on one thread the guys said the 95 style hose don’t fit the 98-99 threading ?
Directly ..

So if im keeping my 99” pump which I am cause it’s good and I want to use the evo delete fitting which year do I want for the pressure line 95 or 96

Not sure what that guy read or tried, but the threads are M16-1.50 and M18-1.50 starting in the later 70s on all GM power steering.

95 and 96 use the same hose without EVO. It is likely the same hose back to 1988.