A/C Manifold Hose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is making a good A/C manifold for early 400's ? I've recently bought two off evilbay and the first one was listed for the wrong year and wouldn't fit the accumulator and the second one fits but my garden hose is thicker than the hose they used to make up this one. The low pressure hose kinked flat when I tried to loop it back to the accumulator and I can pinch the high side flat with my fingers. It's the Four Seasons brand name but definitely not the quality of their products I have used in the past.

AC Delco?

Ranger550

Reaction score
Spend the money and get ACDelco. Lots of **** from overseas these days.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked up AC Delco hoses, said made in china.
I've ordered one from NAPA. I can put my hands on it before I drop the dime. I suspect it will be chinese also,hopefully better quality than the POS I just got off evilbay.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sad Carquest got swallowed by Advance. It used to be NAPA was my go-to for good stuff, but once they started cheaping out, I could try my luck at Carquest and maybe get a better item under their brand, from a different source. Not anymore..

Please keep us updated on the NAPA A/C hose. I get the feeling I'm gonna need to replace mine (and a whole lot more) before my '93 is chilly again.

Richard

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sad Carquest got swallowed by Advance. It used to be NAPA was my go-to for good stuff, but once they started cheaping out, I could try my luck at Carquest and maybe get a better item under their brand, from a different source. Not anymore..

Please keep us updated on the NAPA A/C hose. I get the feeling I'm gonna need to replace mine (and a whole lot more) before my '93 is chilly again.

Richard
I would say that 70% of the NAPA parts I've installed on this truck in the past 6 weeks have had "Made in China" on the boxes. Don't figure it's gonna get any better until we revolt against buying cheap communist crap. Gonna start by ending the communist Biden regime. Rrrrrrrrrr!

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Yeah, I looked up AC Delco hoses, said made in china.
I've ordered one from NAPA. I can put my hands on it before I drop the dime. I suspect it will be chinese also,hopefully better quality than the POS I just got off evilbay.
If you bought it off ebay is is most likey NOT from 4 seasons. I ordered 3 complete A/C systems from 4 seasons for 2 of my trucks and one of my brothers and every part was top notch.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you bought it off ebay is is most likey NOT from 4 seasons. I ordered 3 complete A/C systems from 4 seasons for 2 of my trucks and one of my brothers and every part was top notch.
Very well could be chinese trademark piracy.
Earlier this year had a man call me wanting to know if I worked on Waltham wall clocks. I told him that I'd never seen a Waltham wall clock but I wasn't old enough to know it all and chances were pretty good that I could fix it.
He brings it in and the first thing I see is Waltham across the top of the dial and 31 days at the bottom of the dial. Waltham never made a 31 day clock. Take the dial off and sure enough it says Chin Hoo on the movement.
Thieving little bassards!!!

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very well could be chinese trademark piracy.
Earlier this year had a man call me wanting to know if I worked on Waltham wall clocks. I told him that I'd never seen a Waltham wall clock but I wasn't old enough to know it all and chances were pretty good that I could fix it.
He brings it in and the first thing I see is Waltham across the top of the dial and 31 days at the bottom of the dial. Waltham never made a 31 day clock. Take the dial off and sure enough it says Chin Hoo on the movement.
Thieving little bassards!!!

Thieving basturds is right!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your hardware, hose ends were still good, a good hose shop could have just replaced the hose and swaged them on.
I have used four seasons for a lot of years and have had good results. That's not to say poop doesn't happen but they are one of the larger, long term supplier. Good luck!