1998 2 door tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got a bit ahead of myself when i put the steering parts on, had to take apart the tie rods and unmount the steering box to heave the diff up there. Wife will be pleased its almost ready to roll out of the garage

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're doing with that green, but given that green is my favorite color, I like it, even if it wouldn't be my choice in this application. Will you be doing body panels that color, kind of like old Chrysler Limelight?

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're doing with that green, but given that green is my favorite color, I like it, even if it wouldn't be my choice in this application. Will you be doing body panels that color, kind of like old Chrysler Limelight?
I like green. there is lots of green in the engine rooms of submarines, with black and red exterior

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CV axles done. idler arm done. Steering shaft rag joint eliminator installed.

Did an eyeball alignment with a level to get the control arms at a decent angle.

Having an issue with the driver brake pad with it rubbing on the caliper. Everything torqued down except the 6 wheel bolts. The inside pad is the one rubbing. The caliper has some wiggle to and i can push it back and the rubbing stops. Torqued the bolts to 38 ft-lbs per manual. Ive never replaced pads before but i didnt think its supposed to touch the rotor even brand new. The brake system is drained also, could be another factor with the diaphragm on the caliper

Attachments

• IMG_0421.jpeg
    IMG_0421.jpeg
    494.6 KB · Views: 11

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As im getting ready to move out of the garage, i realized i have a big problem. The transmission is currently being supported by a pile of bricks and wood and the engine is still in a million pieces. Im guessing i have bought myself into completely removing the transmission/transfer case to be able to roll it

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As im getting ready to move out of the garage, i realized i have a big problem. The transmission is currently being supported by a pile of bricks and wood and the engine is still in a million pieces. Im guessing i have bought myself into completely removing the transmission/transfer case to be able to roll it
I’ve seen some pretty good supports that hold it up, but I used a ratchet strap from the top bellhousing bolt to the wiper cowl while my engine was out.