1997 k3500 4door long bed restoration / build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments!

Alright got 2" keys and 2" blocks installed along with the 20x12 moto metal wheels, and the 33x12.5 MT/R
also installed new calipers both sides, upper ball joints both sides, and a new left front hub.
now I need a LF bottom ball join inorder to get it to stop having a harsh pull to the left and the shop also said one of my new uppers is already loose....

Current issue, I need an alignment but the shop said that I couldn't get one because my control arms are almost maxed out and I needed upper control arms that fix the ball joint angle before they would align it. I cant find anyone that makes 8lug aftermarket arms... so am I screwed as far as control arms and balljoint angles go?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Short answer to the control arm ball joint issues is that you won't find something to fix that. Lift keys and cranking to the level you have is not a good idea. You either need to lower that down to an angle that that brings the cv joints closer to level which means ditch the 33's or you need to actually get a lift. The look isn't worth it if it means that driving it sucks, it eats ball joints every year, and ruins those new tires.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Short answer to the control arm ball joint issues is that you won't find something to fix that. Lift keys and cranking to the level you have is not a good idea. You either need to lower that down to an angle that that brings the cv joints closer to level which means ditch the 33's or you need to actually get a lift. The look isn't worth it if it means that driving it sucks, it eats ball joints every year, and ruins those new tires.

Gunna lower it a bit tomrrow and see if it helps the angle. Thanks for the input

I installed upper moog ballpoints today, I installed the driver side bottom ball joint and still have to install the passenger side. But Has less play so far. Gunna try to align and lower a bit tomrrow...

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bet your cleaning supplies bill is high. That's a lot of truck to wash.