1997 k3500 4door long bed restoration / build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
1 owner 1997 Gmc K3500 4 door, long bed, 4:10 gears, leather (had leather) grey interior, burgundy exterior.

My father ordered this truck from the factory with all its options back in late 96 and received in mid 97. I grew up in the back seat and been all round the country in this truck. Bought the truck from my old man for $3500 with 253,000 with a bed camper topper, truck now has 262,000. Truck has a few flaws paint is faded on the hood and roof, pulls a bit to the right when breaking, recently started leaking on drivers side due to the 2 months of straight rain in Dallas and now the carpet smells like mildew, (60/40) driver seat is tore all to hell and missing foam chunks, small tear in rear seat drivers side, carpet has stains. has a set of 20x9 chrome wheels and Michelin tires installed about 10 years ago.

Plan is to restore this truck along with some hotrod and off-road attitude...

Things iv done to the truck since iv owned it...
Removed camper top
Diamond plate tool box
Front door speakers
Rear cab Speakers
8" bazooka tube sub behind rear seat
Dual electric exhaust cutouts (quick time performance) sounds good till 5000 rpms and it starts screaming like a vortec with no mufflers, has factory muffler.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Next step is to restore the interior, rip the carpet out and deep clean, install some suburban bucket seats I picked up yesterday grey leather no rips!

Future mods
2" lift
Suburban seats and console
20x12 with 33x12.5 tires
crate motor and super charger
Paint fixed

Here some pictures, like good and negative feed back, also would like help with the right crate motor to drop in that can be super charged and reliable... if that's not to much to ask.

next to my 76 K5 Jimmy 4 speed

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"also would like help with the right crate motor to drop in that can be super charged and reliable... if that's not to much to ask."

A 6.0 LS swap is in your future.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Beautiful truck. And as said above, LS swap