1997 k3500 4door long bed restoration / build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
awsome truck! I always like the extremes either CCLB or SCSB are my favs.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Nice truck man, love the old GMT400 CCLB's. I wish one of mine was 4x4

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
Damn!! Those front seats look like they've saw plenty of use over the years. Sharp looking truck as it sits right now. I think it would look pretty sharp with a more aggressive tire on those wheels.

Also wanted to say its awesome that you have the truck you grew up in. I have my dad's '98 that he bought new and his '88 that he bought in 1990. The memories make the truck.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Damn!! Those front seats look like they've saw plenty of use over the years. Sharp looking truck as it sits right now. I think it would look pretty sharp with a more aggressive tire on those wheels.

Also wanted to say its awesome that you have the truck you grew up in. I have my dad's '98 that he bought new and his '88 that he bought in 1990. The memories make the truck.

Thanks! and yes the memories help make this truck for me, glad you kept your dad's trucks, we also have my grandpa's 1996 v6 single cab in the driveway that he got new, ill try to get a pic of that one soon.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Recent update, I have the entire interior ripped out the truck carpet is as clean as it can get for almost 20 years old, and made holes for the new bucket seats and center console I bought of a suburban. Minor cracking in the driver seat but passenger side is flawless. will post pics soon. In other news I sold the Jimmy:(
New wheels should be here in a week or so 20x12 Moto Metal MO962
Cant decide if I want to do a 6" lift and 35"s or do a 2" key and block set up with 33"s.
I like the RCD 6" kit that comes with new knuckles. anyone have experience with this kit?

Last edited:

brycebba

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"also would like help with the right crate motor to drop in that can be super charged and reliable... if that's not to much to ask."

A 6.0 LS swap is in your future.
I might have missed it but which engine do you have? I'm wondering because of the 6.0 comment. Is that the common swap for 350s or would it be better performing than a 454 as well

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
I might have missed it but which engine do you have? I'm wondering because of the 6.0 comment. Is that the common swap for 350s or would it be better performing than a 454 as well

I'm not up to par with the 6.0 swap never looked into it. I have a the 5.7 in it now all stock except for my exhaust cutouts.
I plan on doing a basic rebuild with a mild cam on this truck. Maybe the 383 stroker kit. I don't care to swap wire harnesses and all that fun stuff as this is still my DD.

Mr_Sloppy

Reaction score
Interior finished

Got the interior done for the most part. Seats turned out better than expected. Got the carpet all clean and smellin fresh again. Installation of the bucket seats and consol was easy. Under the carpet there are divots in the floor board for other options from the factory which helped seat and consol placement. Ended up not using the Burbans back seat and just used the original one.
The new wheels showed up at work, just waiting for the tires to arrive and my 2" "level kit"
33x12.5x20 Goodyear MT/R E rated.
Before

You must be registered for see images attach

After

[/URL