1997 C1500 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched for a long time to find a clean Michigan GM400T before I pulled the trigger on this one.

ECSB Dark Red Toreador/Silver
5.7 Vortec
4L60E w/B&M rebuild
14 bolt 3.73 gears
3" blocks in the rear and 2" spindles up front
Cooper Discoverer 286/75-16s on Vision 375 Warrior 15x8s

You must be registered for see images attach

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As much as I liked the look of the open bed with toolbox, I needed to add either a tonneau or cap. Every other truck I've owned has had a cap so I decided to try a lid. Found a nice used Leer 700 on Craigslist for $125, and hauled it home.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't like the white color so I painted it Dark Toreador Red to match the truck. Ordered some new gas lift shocks and installed them tonight. After washing the truck, it was too dark to get pics without some help from parking lot lights.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found some 15" rally wheels, added some almost new tires and installed them on the truck to make sure they balanced and ran out ok, which they do.

GL1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As much as I like having the tonneau cover, I figured I might also want a topper for the winter. I found a Leer cap on Craigslist for $50. Needs the hinge nuts to reinstall the rear window on the topper. When I contacted him, he said I could have it free if I came to pick it up. Drove out to pick it up tonight and snapped a quick pic when we stopped for dinner. Color is wrong so I plan to paint it to match the red on the truck.