1996 GMC K1500 - 5 speed! Build?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Put 350 miles on the truck in the last week, to and from work. I have to say this truck does GREAT on the highway, really good driver.

You must be registered for see images attach

Installed an entirely new A/C system with the updated Sanden compressor, totally bone-headed out and forgot to buy a new evaporator. So that'll have to wait until cRockauto ships the new one.

Decided since that didn't work today, i'd let the Wife tint the front windows to match the rear, turned out really well for a pre-cut tint kit.

Finally installed the SiriusXM tuner so I could have the awesomeness that is satellite radio!

Junkyard is doing a 1/2 off sale next weekend, I really come to pick up some factory fender flares and a rear seat for it. Also ordered a new 10" kicker sub and amp combo (same setup I installed in my 90 RCSB).

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
No real updates as of late, got the evaporator core replaced and charged the A/C. Now it's pretty frosty in the truck.

I've put about 800 miles on it so far in the last 3 weeks since I started daily driving it. It's a really good driver, especially with the 33's and NV3500, it'll cruise 70 around 1800rpm.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Threw some new fender flares and rain visors on the windows today.

Also threw some kicker speakers in the doors and a new sealed underseat sub box for my 10" kicker.

Waiting for my belt and pigtail to come in for the CS144 140amp alternator swap.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I've got the same series of kickers speakers in my burb, even the roof. Nice.

I really like the audio quality from them. I think i'm definitely done with the audio system in the truck now.

This is the first set of kicker speakers i've owned, that weren't subwoofers.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Threw some new hub bearing assemblies, rotors and pads on the today. ABS light is gone!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Couple updates...

Managed to score a cowl hood for $100 on Friday.

Plasti-dipped it white, until I figure out what i'm going to do with the paint on the truck. Hopefully around spring time.

Had a spare CS144 alternator laying around, so upgraded the truck from the stock 100 amp to the 140 amp.

A/C on, all lights on, four way's going, radio thumping away. Won't dip below 14 volts now!

Decided to do the 4-hi mod while I was in the grille area replacing the horn.

Then I noticed this ******* was leaking, so it's time to delete it totally and switch over to a barbed fitting, also ordered every single part in the cooling system. I'll replace all of that next weekend.

Luckily enough, it seems someone has replaced the factory gm fitting with the updated dorman fitting at some point, so it should be very easy to remove.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Couple updates...

Managed to score a cowl hood for $100 on Friday.

Plasti-dipped it white, until I figure out what i'm going to do with the paint on the truck. Hopefully around spring time.

Had a spare CS144 alternator laying around, so upgraded the truck from the stock 100 amp to the 140 amp.

A/C on, all lights on, four way's going, radio thumping away. Won't dip below 14 volts now!

Decided to do the 4-hi mod while I was in the grille area replacing the horn.

Then I noticed this ******* was leaking, so it's time to delete it totally and switch over to a barbed fitting, also ordered every single part in the cooling system. I'll replace all of that next weekend.

Luckily enough, it seems someone has replaced the factory gm fitting with the updated dorman fitting at some point, so it should be very easy to remove.

Lookin good. I think since that fitting is leaking it's LSX time.