1996 GMC C1500 - 5.7 / 5 Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Picked up a Volant CAI for the truck yesterday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Also picked up a new radio for the truck today... Why? Well.. because stock radios suck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Pre-wired the headunit to a factory harness adapter prior to installing it, pulled the factory radio out and found all sorts of janky radio wiring. So i'm going to go back through it next weekend and cut the aftermarket wiring out of it and fix the factory harness.

Also ordered the green LED bulbs for my instrument cluster and hvac.

I guess i'll really dig into the truck next weekend and thoroughly clean it up.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I picked up a Thrush chambered muffler in my adventures today.. I'm going to drop the boogered exhaust off of the truck, delete the factory muffler plus the one they added after the factory muffler. Install the new Thrush muffler and an Escalade tail pipe with the factory magnesium tip.

Jorge6.5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I picked up a Thrush chambered muffler in my adventures today.. I'm going to drop the boogered exhaust off of the truck, delete the factory muffler plus the one they added after the factory muffler. Install the new Thrush muffler and an Escalade tail pipe with the factory magnesium tip.

I had one of those mufflers. Sounded bad ass on my 305 with no cat

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Nice little score on the pickup

Thanks! It's a rust free texas truck. :)

I had one of those mufflers. Sounded bad ass on my 305 with no cat

I had the exact same setup on the white 96 K1500 I traded for my crew cab. Has a nice aggressive tone under acceleration / revs, but doesn't drone you out of the truck at highway speeds.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Did some work over this weekend! Added the Volant CAI.

Tinted the front windows 20%.

Swapped to a new steering wheel, added a correct manual trans cluster and did the LED swap to the interior.

Added the chambered muffler, with an Escalade / Denali tail pipe with magnesium tip.

Foundout while doing the exhaust work, the truck has 2" drop hangers in the rear, so I ordered 2" drop shackles to lower the rear a little more.

Also ordered new front rotors, pads, wheel bearings, seals, radiator hoses and fan controller. I have a brand new all aluminum radiator and two 12" electric fans to install next weekend.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I really like that steering wheel! How'd you get rid of the airbag and put that in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol... well...

I removed the airbag clock spring, pulled the airbag light when I was putting the leds in. I had the trim the lip on the steering column trim a little bit, but otherwise it's a bolt-on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf