1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Two people were really trying to fight me for these things, and I'll admit I paid a lot, but they have the lock cylinder and latch rods which I needed for the front doors of this truck. So if anyone else was bidding on these, I apologize for my 10 second snipe bid :)

You must be registered for see images attach

But don't worry, I am starting to finally work on the HD! These handles were just a piece of the puzzle, I've been trying to find a set with everything I needed ever since getting this HD.

gstubbz

Reaction score
No kidding. I spent more on these handles than I did on the 94 6.5 ECLB truck I picked up a few weeks back. I just really didn't want to have normal GMT400 handles since this truck came with the Topkick style. But at least they're mine now!!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy crap! I’m scared to hear what you were willing to pay (high bid). I always had $100 in the back of my mind for a fair price for a set of handles and rods-clearly I was mistaken!

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Big truck wrecking yard and get a used set.....?
All of the heavy yards I’ve found won’t do it - say they can’t sell the door then. What saddens me is that the shops repairing the kodiak and topkick trucks are probably just pitching the handles and rods. I found one guy in South Dakota-he wanted $300, but then quit returning phone calls.

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I wonder if one could maybe form up some rods out of thick wire or something? The handles are readily available from what I've seen, but there's gotta be a solution to the lack of aftermarket door rods.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Damn Gavin, were those the only ones online?

Only complete set minus keys that I've ever been able to find, super rare to find these things it seems! Actual handles can be had all day long for $150 or so for a pair but finding the other parts you need is the pain!

Dayyyuuummm!

Eeeeekk!! Had to do it lol

Holy crap! I’m scared to hear what you were willing to pay (high bid). I always had $100 in the back of my mind for a fair price for a set of handles and rods-clearly I was mistaken!

Well the first day I saw it I bid $20 then the next day someone bid higher, so I rode it out until the end. For the last 20 or so minutes I was watching the auction like a hawk on my phone, and watched the two other guys fight it out. At the 20 second mark I set my max to $250 then the other two guys tried fighting it as I'm watching the auction jump from $180 to $200 then to the final price and saw that I won. I was hoping I would win at like $185 but that didn't happen!!

Big truck wrecking yard and get a used set.....?

If only I could find them! Like @Z71Hobbs said, I found people parting out 3500HD trucks on the facebook 6.5 group and the GMT400 group, and every time I asked if they would sell me the handles and linkage they told me they would only sell the entire door which made it super difficult to get them. "Yeah you can but you need the entire door" and I'm like dude, you're in Texas, I'm in California I am not paying to ship a door nor drive down there to pick these doors up. If it was like in a 4 hour radius of where I lived I might have been tempted but that was never the case!!

I wonder if one could maybe form up some rods out of thick wire or something? The handles are readily available from what I've seen, but there's gotta be a solution to the lack of aftermarket door rods.

It would be sweet, I wish I had a CNC machine to make the little tabs and whatnot for these handles. There is certainly a potential market for them and if they were more plentiful I'd put them on every truck I own! I actually got asked today by a guy that lives not too far north of me about handles and told him how I actually bought some today. He told me he was able to buy two new handles and found one NOS linkage for the latch, but could not find anything else he needed.