1996 Chevrolet c3500HD CrewCab BEAST - Junkyard Rescue Take II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you're able, I'd take the set of rods that you get to a machinist and see how much it would cost to make a few sets of duplicates. I think you'd make your investment back pretty easily. Heck maybe @Biggershaft96 could help you out. He's a machinist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So update on the handles - I am starting to reach out to see if anyone can make the rods and pawls so everyone can have Topkick handles since they are impossible to find.

--

Also, I am set on what I want next after the HD is the way I want it :)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Because I want a big ass GMT400 instead of a Kenworth :D

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
You can keep the Kodiak an ill come snag the 3500hd

Yall want my dang HD! I like it too much it's the truck I want minus a crew topkick lol

Is that kodiak for sale somewhere near you by chance? :evillol:

No not a crew cab! If I saw one in person I'd be drooling over it! You're like @GarretGmc wanting my damn HD!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
So I'm looking more at this truck, and it still has the complete engine harness in tact, and still has the computer behind the glove box. So all I really need to do for a heart is drop in a 6.5 and go. Then the interior stuff should be easy enough to clean up.

With that said, as long as I know my 94 6.5 runs good I might be yanking that engine out to stuff it in this HD.

Yes it's not my ideal powertrain but it's enough to get this thing running and driving.

Then I can start the fun stuff, but be able to use this truck while I collect parts. So I think that is my game plan!

Also, some asshat cut the bolts off that hold the rear seat in place so I'll have to weld a nut in them to remove them.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Duh I want it, I'm having diesel withdrawals hah.
Yea throw the 6.5 and give urself some time to save for the engine swap an sas parts gathering