1995 GMC 1/2 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wheel diameter will change a few things, like speedo...

No it wont, because the tire sidewall shrinks with an increase in wheel size. It's called "plus sizing".

IDK the reason for 6 lug 4x4 on a 2x2 truck? PLENTY of guys with 2x2 running BIG H.P. 5 lug

What is a 2x2? An AWD motorcycle?
Do you mean 4x2? 4 wheels x 2 wheel drive.

Perhaps you could, for less chance of confusion, use RWD or 2wd instead...

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who the
No it wont, because the tire sidewall shrinks with an increase in wheel size. It's called "plus sizing".

Who the hell knows what I'm talking about at times, usually have Vodka and three forums open at same time , this one, a grass drag forum, and drag bike one LOL.. Cheers LOL...

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

How do I fix the speedo in my 89? had rear end gear change, reads like 20 mph to high... So I use a GPS thing in the dash at moment.
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I fix the speedo in my 89? had rear end gear change, reads like 20 mph to high... So I use a GPS thing in the dash at moment.
You must be registered for see images attach

I haven’t done it but I think this is what you’re looking for.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We
I haven’t done it but I think this is what you’re looking for.

Well that is cool, Thank You !!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

@someotherguy

Again he knows his stuff !!!
Sometimes!

If it helps simplify that freakin' book I wrote on modifying the cluster, just compare it to how 1992-1995 do it. Those trucks use an external module for the speed sensor buffer circuit. They have a bank of hardwired jumpers - jumper in place is "on", blank spot is "off" - you can make it configurable by removing the jumpers and installing a DIP switch.

For 1988-1991, you can do the same, but instead of those hardwired jumpers in an external module, they're a group of microfuses inside the cluster itself. The factory selectively blows the fuses in the order they need to appear as an "on" or "off" switch position. Yank 'em out and solder in a DIP switch, then configure based on tire height, axle ratio..

Richard