1994 Chevy C3500 Crew Cab Long Bed Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I mean Darkrider this pump would work i'm sure, but i would buy a new pump if your going to stick with your DS4, i wouldn't throw that pump in there if it was mine..

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes PNL lamp circuit is hot when the dash lights are on, the ECM circuit is just an easy switched 12v circuit I can get at. It's hard to see in the picture, but those fuse taps have two fuses in them each, one for the original fuse in that circuit and one for the circuit you are adding.

The third fuse tap in the FSOL location is for the signal for my lift pump relay BTW.

As to your selection of gauges, in my opinion, if you are not turning the fuel up enough to need to worry about an EGT gauge, then you will not have enough boost pressure that you will need to monitor either. I feel that the four gauges that I have are the minimum required to keep tabs on a truck that works and has been turned up past factory spec.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
My only reasoning behind a boost gauge was that i want to make sure the factory turbo waste gate is functioning. I've heard that they fail and can basically close off and not work. I thought about the heath turbo master but we'll see. I just want to be able to monitor that. i think the stock waste gate puts like 7 psi? not sure but thats my idea with that.

Trans temp, it would have been nice to have on the 97 454 i have. Just a nice little addition for towing.

And i think it would be again nice to monitor your fuel pressure on one of these.

What turbo mod's are on your truck? i didn't know it was a 94.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so i got me a new fuel filter, still isn't starting.. I need another hand to start it and bleed the lines.

Meanwhile after trying to figure out the wiring schematic for this.. I've lost patience so i'm just going to run a push button glow plug relay, something simple like this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-6-2-6-5-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item27cf498287&vxp=mtr

That will get our glow plugs functioning. Once i fixed the gauge fuse my lift pump jumped right back on and started throwing fuel. all of the grounds are good just gotta have my dad turn the key while we pop open the injectors and bleed the lines.

So it's getting there.. Long long project. I shoulda went with a 350 gasser!

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
So even tho the US Shift (Optishift) Controller isn't hooked up i backed the truck out of the driveway just to rearrange the vehicles in the drive. This truck is at our shop, so It has to be positioned so its not in the way..

So while i backed it out i snapped a few pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Stay tuned, it's close, but not quite complete.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score

It's come a long way since i picked it up.

Crew Cab Cheyenne with Vinyl Bench Seats, Rubber Floor, Stock Mirrors/Lights. DS4 6.5 Diesel, Steel Wheels, Cracked Grill & GMC Hubcaps...

Now it's a "Cheyenne Deluxe" AKA Silverado package with Cloth Buckets, Console, Carpet, Dodge Tow Mirrors, LED Tails, LED Markers, Cab Lights, PY0, DB2 Motor, Fender Flares, New Grille, Chevy Center Caps, And soon to get tinted windows.

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for a minute I thought the 2nd pic was a extended cab haha looks great!