1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Grille looks good on the Dodge. When are you going to paint the '93 and what color?

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another pic that I took earlier. Maybe 6.5 bumper / GMC grille this weekend? We'll see. I have replacing the e brake pedal on my to do list as well. Also I did put a new grille on my dodge, the chrome was flaking off the other and looked like **** so I bought an all black grille. Matches pretty well I think!

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey you've got your invisible trailer hooked to you dodge too. Sounds like the chevys been doin pretty good running back an fourth to Reno. If it was me I'd swap the bumper and remove the front plate, never liked them up front plus gives it cleaner look. An never been pulled over for not having one

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Grille looks good on the Dodge. When are you going to paint the '93 and what color?

Thank you! I saw a picture of a crew cab dually K3500 that was painted "Daytona Blue" and the color looks good. Although I may go with white. I have never painted a car before so I think white would be a good color to start on and hide all my paint imperfections. We will probably start the prep work when Tyler stops driving it daily to work. Hopefully we can start on that before the snow sets.

Hey you've got your invisible trailer hooked to you dodge too. Sounds like the chevys been doin pretty good running back an fourth to Reno. If it was me I'd swap the bumper and remove the front plate, never liked them up front plus gives it cleaner look. An never been pulled over for not having one

Yeah I have! Actually in all honesty I've been towing a lot and I think my 545rfe is dying unfortunately.

And it has been pretty good! I drove home tonight so I didn't have time to mess with the truck much today, maybe tomorrow I can go back out and work on it a bit. And I agree they look so much better without front plates. A CHP pulled me over once in my 98 for no front plate and when my dad owned the Dodge he got pulled over and given a ticket on Highway 70 near Oroville for not having a plate on the front lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
**** that's sucks, sounds like your gunna be working on the dodge sometime. That blue crew cab is awesome, lil high for wife and kids to climb in but o well. White should be good for now to get the hang of painting.

gstubbz

Reaction score

Getting a GMC Grille and 6.5 bumper, windshield sticker adds ten horsepower!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score

I hate night time pics but this is how it looks with a GMC Grille, 6.5 bumper, and a valence that we painted black. This will be the only truck I own that I am cool with having one on. Everything else needs ground clearance!

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score
Another few little things I didn't mention earlier, it runs fantastic with new spark plugs and wires. No more stuttering, and used the Roadkill zip tie separator too! I meant to take a pic of the engine bay since the spark plugs are clean and it has a summit air filter, but I guess I didn't so I'll post one the next time I see the truck.

A proper daytime photo. At first the turn signals sticking out so far bugged me, but now it doesn't as bad. Mounting the 94+ grille to the 93 was not difficult, I pulled the corner pieces off of the 95, as well as the piece the grille snaps into. There were two tabs I had to break off and used self tappers to mount it to the core support. It's super sturdy! It may get different headlights at some point but I am not concerned this second.

The grille I think also makes the truck look a million times better. It goes well with the windshield sticker! I don't like the 88-93 Cheyenne or the W/T "impact resistant" grilles, although I like the 94+ Cheyenne grilles. But I had this clean GMC one so it deserved it. When I look at the front of it I am reminded so much of my old 98 k1500, same turn signals, bumper, mirrors, and grille. It's neat!

deejaaa

Became Less Of A Human 5-13-18
Reaction score
if you're gonna update the grille, might as well do the lights. i don't think it looks good with old and newer. i personally like the look of the older grille and i put in the same headlights you have.
you can sell the lights on here. seen a few people looking for them.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I had the glass composites that I ordered and had on my 98 for two weeks before it was totaled, they fit like garbage in the Chevy grille (the grille was squeezing them so they were impossible to adjust) and the plastic things the adjusters sit in broke on both sides. I really don't want plastic headlights but if they fit properly and are adjustable I'd be cool with it. The pic below is my old 98 with the glass composites, minus GMC grille because I smashed a deer a month prior so it was a Chevy for a bit!

Since I'm selling the 89 I have no point to keep them around since I will have the 98 and I want nice glass composite lights on that too.