1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
So.... here I go yet again...

(it's a 1993 not a 1992, my bad!)

Next door on the other side of my friend Tyler's house is this fella who is old and retired, and there has been this RCLB sitting next door to the house, and yesterday he came over to ask Tyler about picking up this bed frame thing, so I was with him and asked about this truck.

He said "give me a price" I said $200, he said "How about $250 and you put that rack on my other truck" and I'm like deal! So I **** you not 15 minutes later I was back with $260 and he even gave me change back.

So this guy is the original owner and bought it new, the MSRP was $13,585 and really the only option I saw that it had was an automatic transmission and a cheap headliner. The truck has 160k on the clock, and was parked in 2008 after the transmission was ruined from not having an oil & filter change. He said the truck was a good truck and he would still be driving it if the tranny didn't go.

He used it for his landscaping business in Napa County, CA and then eventually lived in Reno and used it there before moving to Doyle. This thing had just passed Washoe county smog in 2008 before the transmission went.

This is my first regular cab, first five lug truck, and first V6 truck I have ever owned. And it's about as base as you can get, it even has manual floor vents below the steering column which I didn't even know was an option on these things! I believe I saw GU6 in the glove box so I'm guessing it has 3.42 gears.

I've tossed around a few ideas, first was parting it which would make me feel bad because the guy next door would see a truck he purchased new be turned into a bare frame, second was prerunner it but I have too many projects, or three, fix it.

So I am going to find a transmission for it (4L60) and install, give it a good cleaning and a paint job, smog it then sell it. I think that is the best course of action for this, that way I don't feel bad gutting it and I can drive it around in Doyle for a bit. Even the tires are good!

The rack is coming off the back and going on his other truck, it's a 99-02 c1500 with a 4.3 as well, just as base as this truck but a NBS!

I figured this won't be a thread that will last forever and be momentary, but I figured I would share this mainly because it has a story behind it and the dude bought it new.

You must be registered for see images attach

PS: Started uploading images to imgbb, hopefully they don't pull a photobucket and f* up everyone's photos like they have to mine.

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Also, he did say that he hauled 1.2 tons of stuff in the bed while he was using it in Napa County! Thought that was neat. Once I find out what transmission it has I'll find a replacement and change them out soon so I can at least drive it around for a bit and see how the V6 is.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm always seeing some truck over there for sale but don't wanna drive over there. I say drive it or do some work and flip it, I'd feel bad abt parting it out to

gstubbz

Reaction score
I'm always seeing some truck over there for sale but don't wanna drive over there. I say drive it or do some work and flip it, I'd feel bad abt parting it out to

When I bought my first truck, it was the 98 and I shockingly bought it in Red Bluff instead of Reno. But then I bought my 89 out of reno lol

So I agree. Picking up a transmission for it this weekend for $150 from a guy in Reno, going to buy some filters and oil for the truck, as well as a fuel filter. Then soon I'll get that ghetto rack off of it and sand it down and paint, as well as pick up a bench seat and clean up the interior because it's hella dirty lol and buy a shitton of engine degreaser!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha yea red bluff is whole lot closer my way, abt 10-15 mins. What color you gunna do or just keep same, or are you tlkin abt the rack

gstubbz

Reaction score
Going to keep it white, the rack is going away because I think it's ugly lol. Maybe I'll find a toolbox that is laying around on the property to install in it so it looks a little more like a work truck

gstubbz

Reaction score
The old owner wanted to keep the rack so I figured whatever I'll just give it back lol.

Another interesting tidbit, KBB says it's worth $879, but if I select that it's a Cheyenne instead of a W/T package it's worth $1,311 instead. So I guess when I paint it I won't rebadge it so everyone will just think it's a Cheyenne

Another little thing, the PO said that "It was a good truck, must have been built on a Wednesday" and sure as ****, I look the truck up and it was built on 09/09/92 which is a Wednesday. Thought that was ironic.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's worth whatever some is willing to buy it for, I dnt use kbb very often since it's usually under value or over what I think it's worth.