1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

gstubbz

Reaction score

gstubbz

Reaction score
Taking a break for a minute. Transmission is out. My pilot bearing is shot too. Tyler broke his galaxy S7 when he was ******* with the exhaust.

This truck is seriously causing us more headache than we'd like!

gstubbz

Reaction score

The pilot bearing was a *****. It held us up for what seemed like ever.

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well that was only half of it... Using a dremel to take the other half out because we tried everything else. I am so using anti sieze on the new one.

gstubbz

Reaction score

It's out. Now we can do what we wanted to do four hours ago.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

It's out. Now we can do what we wanted to do four hours ago.

I absolutely hate it when **** like that happens. I usually throw one of my tools as far as i can while yelling obscenities and go drink a beer, then proceed with looking for said tool and resuming work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Reaction score
Well I have tonight's update! I slave labored away and drove this damn thing tonight. But now I'm home (1:34am) but I can write another more in depth post.

We left Doyle at 7:30am or so. I actually woke up at 4am this morning! Long day for me. Either way, we get to Pick n Pull at roughly 8:30, go out to the truck I wanted a clutch pedal rod out of but failed miserably last week. I had my eye on this truck mainly because of the true nv3500. Ironically the truck I pulled the transmission from was a 88-90 c1500 ECSB with a 4.3 and a 5 speed that someone swapped in at one point. We had that thing dropped from the truck in an hour. Thank goodness for power tools and sawzalls! I did spend $200 there today, and when the cute chick asked if I wanted the extended 12 month warranty, I was like hell yes I do. So at least if this transmission dies now I can get a free replacement.

Also spent another $200 at Napa on a new clutch kit, another 448 u joint, syncromesh fluid, and a new slave cylinder.

So then the entire afternoon was dedicated to making this thing driveable tonight and we did exactly that. Thanks again to Tyler for manhandling the nv3500 without a jack for the second time in a row! My shifter boot is kinda ***** but I'll fix it later. I made it doable for a night drive.

Yay the fun part begins!! I had Tyler follow me in my dodge just in case something broke like last night. This thing runs like absolute dog **** and I blame that mainly on bad fuel from 2008 (which I did put in $80 of premium at the gas station within 5 minutes of driving it) and I'm hopeful that all the bad stuff will burn out soon enough. Also I blame the spark plugs a bit too, but I have new ones I just need to install them.

This truck does okayish burnouts, and it has posi. Every time I was at a complete stop I purposely lit them up to the best of my ability. It does them better than my Dodge!

I got it up to 85mph at one point on this trip too, did great minus the bad gas mixture! All I could think about when driving it is how much cooler it would be with a 350! But I might start with Vortec 4.3 heads and see.

Did 21 miles with success, three times as much from last night!

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
I absolutely hate it when **** like that happens. I usually throw one of my tools as far as i can while yelling obscenities and go drink a beer, then proceed with looking for said tool and resuming work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

That pilot bushing thing was really pissing us off! Tyler was doing something with the u joints earlier and he got pissed at something, and this junk car battery was in the way so he grabbed it and threw it 20 feet, which was pretty impressive!

We got lucky with the dremel, that just happened to be the right tool for the job! My drink was a red bull, only because I knew I would be driving shortly after otherwise it would have been a beer!!

Last edited: