Performance Issue on 1993 C1500 1/2 Pickup Single Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

47venture

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my current truck, totaled the bike so back to truck fixing! Been having some issues where it sounds like the engine hesitates on idle, the RMP needle will move up and down and will begin rumbling a bit on idle. It turns on well, but once Im at a stop it pulls itself forward I thought i was hit from behind the first time it shook like that. Could it be fuel pump, fuel pressure, filter, sparks? Where should I start?

47venture

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my current truck, totaled the bike so back to truck fixing! Been having some issues where it sounds like the engine hesitates on idle, the RMP needle will move up and down and will begin rumbling a bit on idle. It turns on well, but once Im at a stop it pulls itself forward I thought i was hit from behind the first time it shook like that. Could it be fuel pump, fuel pressure, filter, sparks? Where should I start?
ALSO what websites yall recommend to start rebuliding the interior needs new carpet, dash is cracked, door panels falling off. needs some lovee.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. How old are all the usual tune-up parts and procedures? Distributor cap, rotor, plug wires, spark plugs? Have you verified the initial timing, electronic spark advance, EGR, PCV, EVAP, and heated-air intake systems? How old is the O2 sensor?

2. What is the fuel pressure at prime, and engine running under load?

3. Connect a scan tool, verify ALL sensors and computer outputs. Look at the fuel trims.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GriffisClnCo