1993 Chev c1500 RCLB Sport/Truck 4.3L + NV3500 swapped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

The truck has a new problem. When you are in neutral you can Rev it freely no problem. But when in gear if you push the pedal past 1/4 throttle it bogs down.

Checked the EGR and I guess on 4.3 trucks it is at the back of the intake right below the TBI which is slightly different from a 350. I unplugged it, no difference. And there is no vacuum line on the back of it.

I did clean everything up significantly after this picture.

Sent from my iPhone 7 using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

gstubbz

Reaction score
Never mind. This photo explains itself. And that was a new filter I put in like two weeks ago.

gstubbz

Reaction score

Bought the rebuild kit, might as well do it to keep everything in good shape.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinkin the filter but I knew you just put that in not to long ago. Damn that gas tank is dirty sucking that up

gstubbz

Reaction score
It was pretty bad! The truck runs fantastic again. The new fuel filter helped so much but I told Tyler to replace it every week for the next few weeks so we can make sure all the crap is out of the tank. Probably didn't need the TBI rebuild kit but I bought it with the filter so I figured I would do it, not too terribly difficult the hardest thing was getting the FP diaphragm sealed properly while putting pressure from the spring on it.

But I am happy to see the truck being all fast again! When I drove it 1/8 of a mile down the street I had no idea how Tyler could stand to drive it. It was soooo damn bad. But all is good now.

Also reinstalled windshield wipers and painted the 95+ arms from my parts truck, then come to find out the wipers don't work thanks to a broken stalk in the steering column. So that is on the list of things to replace too.

gstubbz

Reaction score
More of a side project I'm doing to kill time at work. I know the W/T badges have to come off when it gets painted, and from what I've seen nobody has made aftermarket ones. I like S/T for Sport/Truck and then use the same 1500 after. I am not using the Chevy logo as it has the GMC grille, but I may change my mind and go R/T or some other cool name and font like the Syclone door badging.

The font is Bitsumishi if you're curious, closest I could find to match and the 1500 is really the only font that is close. the W/T is a much bolder font.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I did some more work, this looks better I think. The black lines in the R/T look more like the original W/T. And R/T looks better than S/T. When I get closer to painting the truck I'll order three, two for the doors and one for the tailgate.

I tried other fonts and trying other things but this is ultimately what I like. Everything else seemed so off and would look terrible, I think these will look decent. But that is also dependant on what color I paint the truck.

BerHntr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The R/T looks better but all I think about when I look at that is the old dodge Dakota R/T