1992 GMC Suburban 4 x 2 Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregB

Reaction score
I'm looking at a 1992 GMC Suburban 4 x 2 that is part of an Estate. It is nicely equiped with the usual amenities, buckets, console , A/C, CC, tilt, power locks windows etc.. and only has 156,000 kms, 96,000 miles on it. I ran a Comp 9 on it and it was as I expected a special ordered vehicle. It shows it has 16 by 7 inch rims, RPO Code PF4 and also the RPO Code NZZ Off-Road Skid Plate Package. Now I've never seen a GMT 400 4 x 2 Burb with 16 inch wheels and am wondering if it came with those rims because of the Off Road Package or if someone knows why its equipped like that please let me know. I do not own it yet as the 88 year old widow 3 years after her husband passed away is not quite ready to let it go. I hope I posted this question in the right forum.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it a 2500? They did make those in 2wd. If so it probably has six or eight lug wheels and bigger brakes that wouldn't clear 15s.