1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebane

Reaction score
Well I'm not spring chicken myself but yes it keeps my toosh coosh in long drives.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Yeh, my ass is getting spoiled by that bench. The ride is excellent for a truck.

The soft 8's do look good on this truck.

The drive home from work tonight was without incident. Seems to be running a bit better once we cleaned that ground connection up.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Put another 60 miles on it this morning driving to a friends shop and back Just a nice ride in all. I catch other Chevy truck guys looking at it now.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Looks like your making progress and staying ahead of breakdowns (or trying valiantly)

Well, what's next?

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Yeh, guess what I won't be doing?

I think I am going to save some money for a few weeks and have the windows tinted.

Other future mods:
I would like to replace that rear bumper at some point.
Install front flares.
Tool box.
Spray in bedliner.

Repairs/maintenance:
Fuel Filter and TBI cleaning.
Hunt down a replacement intake manifold to clean up and replace the damaged one on it now.

Then just enjoy it.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Because I hate when stupid things go wrong I always look at chances to upgrade bad designs with better quality parts. The plan is to switch over to top post after the battery cable incident last week. I have gone ahead and ordered real military spec top post battery terminals. They are Zinc and RoHS compliant terminals that should be here sometime next week. Ordered them from Waytek Inc. at wayyy lower than Amazon pricing.

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/36111/Lead-Free-Battery-Terminal/
https://www.waytekwire.com/item/36112/Lead-Free-Battery-Terminal/

Have to buy pairs of each but the price isn't bad for that. My wife has owns my old truck that needs terminals as well so the other set will go on that.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Sounds like your making some good progress. I might have to steal those battery terminal idea for the Montes