1991 RCLB Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I tell people all the time, especially my GF and her family... I can keep my Pigpen truck on the road for the rest of my life, in tip top shape, and never spend more than the cost of one new 2500 4x4.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Anyone who has worked on a 10 bolt knows what this bolt is.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Soon I too will be having the fun with this bolt. I have not broken the one in the truck yet but I am expecting to.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Almost ready for my Sunday scrap run. Got a few things to pick up from JustinS and away we go. Love the long bed for this very reason...hauling ****.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Had a bunch of square bods before my 400's. Last one I had was an 8600gvw. 13 years. I could never overload it! I tried! Some loads looked like the Beverly Hillbillies.
Even had one of these in the back for a while. Carried like a champ! Truck actually rode better. Smoother!

Now, I have RCSB's. Lowered no less!
I've packed them down as much as I felt was safe, looked at the load & thought..."Is that it? Really? Damn! This is gonna take 3 loads to do instead of 2!"

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
That's a serious welder, wish I could have something like that. Someday!

All my previous trucks were/are short bed Nissan trucks. While I have performed some miracles with them there is definitely a limit to what they can do. This GMT has a bed that goes for days and I love it! It's not even full and I have a few hundred pounds of misc. steel back there. Picking up even more on Sunday. It's nice to know I have the room and it's been a huge help cleaning up the yard in preparation of the bed and breakfast we are building up here.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
In my experience, most cross shaft bolts are a bear to deal with.

As for the 8' bed, when i was a kid, I couldn't talk my dad into buying a RCSS for anything, he couldn't haul equipment with them, or work them. I didn't get it at all, really just why not get the smallest truck with the biggest motor dad?

As an adult, I understand alot better lol. My previous work truck was a quad cab shortbed Ram. It was great at hauling my trailer, but if I just wanted to use the truck by itself, it really sucked to have the tailgate down all the time. My current work truck is a Regular cab, longbed Ram, which I had to go to a fleet guy to buy. Stupid salesmen couldn't figure out why I didn't just want more doors, and leather, and.., and..

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
Scrap yard closed Sunday, going tomorrow instead. Going to do some minor shopping while I am there. 3.73 axle? Maybe?