1991 GMC SYCLONE MARLBORO EDITION T-TOP 3,400 MILES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Meh, too much for an AWD s-10 with a turbo.

Yes, I said S-10.

:rofl:

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a typhoon while I owned my SS. About 8 months. It was a cool vehicle, but I really liked my SS more.

A friend just bought a white '93 typhoon with a ton of mods. I went for a ride two days after he bought it. Next day it ate a front driveshaft. They are fun to work on...no space at all compared their bigger trucks.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
I had a typhoon while I owned my SS. About 8 months. It was a cool vehicle, but I really liked my SS more.

A friend just bought a white '93 typhoon with a ton of mods. I went for a ride two days after he bought it. Next day it ate a front driveshaft. They are fun to work on...no space at all compared their bigger trucks.
They are known to do that

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are getting harder to find in this original condition. I bought my 1992 Silverado new also and has never seen snow. I avoid dirt/gravel roads.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
The Sy/Ty's used the same drivetrain & transfer cases as the all-wheel drive Astro vans, less the turbo. Not sure if the 4.3 in the Sy/Ty's used 4 bolt mains or not.
So...for 1/10 the cost of that T-top truck, why not build an all-wheel drive S10 utilizing a V8. With no logos or the body kit & made to run fairly quite, that could be a great sleeper! Until the word got out! Lol!
There's a slammed '59 El Camino with an all-wheel drive system around here. All modded from St/Ty/Astro van parts, although he has a 383 stroker under the hood! He had to make custom 1/2 shafts to handle the SBC's extra torque. And, he always has more than a couple of transfer cases on the shelf. If he doesn't explode the case, (the weakest point) he rebuilds them himself.