1991 Chevy C1500 RCSB Version: I Have A Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did some cleaning and painting, also bought a new water pump since I have doubts that the old one is correct for this engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the exhaust manifolds was stripped out on two studs and had bolts installed. I welded two new replacement studs on.

I went to rebuild the throttle body, and the fuel pressure regulator was a rusty mess. Spring was broken on top of that. Against my better judgement, I had an aftermarket regulator and spring I installed just to keep things moving. I’m not a fan of anything aftermarket on TBIs, so I hope this doesn’t bite me later on.

Intake and valve covers on! I also got the exhaust, distributor, TBI, and quite a few other small things taken care of, but I ran out of time and forgot to take a picture.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since I‘m not a fan of the factory quick disconnect for the heater core hose, I modified a parts store replacement to have the correct 5/16” restrictor orifice by machining one on the lathe today.

Slip fit held in place with Loctite Sleeve Retainer.

Inside view.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a few more parts to finish up tomorrow morning. I had ordered the GM factory U-joint steering shaft and it came in today, but I’ll wait until I get a new box to put it on. Also got some 3/4” heater hose, a new upper (not shown) and lower radiator hose, PCV valve, grommet, and line, and water pump studs.

92GMCK2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right on! Lots of great work there. Loving the updates!

Just a heads up. Do your self a favour & throw that dorman PCV hose in the garbage. Mine was a nightmare of vacuum leaks straight out of the box. The seal between the soft & hard hose leaks.

I replaced mine with a simple rubber hose of the same dimension. Go ahead & try the dorman, but do some due diligence on the vacuum leak checking afterwards.

Keep up the great work! :headbang:

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Right on! Lots of great work there. Loving the updates!

Just a heads up. Do your self a favour & throw that dorman PCV hose in the garbage. Mine was a nightmare of vacuum leaks straight out of the box. The seal between the soft & hard hose leaks.

I replaced mine with a simple rubber hose of the same dimension. Go ahead & try the dorman, but do some due diligence on the vacuum leak checking afterwards.

Keep up the great work! :headbang:

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out on that when I go to install. My original one is unfortunately split at the boot, so hopefully no issues arise with this one.

BTW - I am interested to see how the OEM GM U-Joint style steering shaft goes. Straight swap?

Yes, supposed to be a straight swap from the C3500 chassis. The lower pinch bolt also needs to be ordered as the original is a little short, but it’s a bolt on deal.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Starting off this morning, I deleted the heat riser valve from the intake as this is a summer only truck. I’ve done this before by removing the guts, and welding the flapper over the hole in the bottom since it’s about a perfect size.

Painted!

Engine progress so far.

New modified heater hose fitting.

New hose installed.

Also picked up a pair of accessory brackets since the alternator bracket was broken, and I wanted to delete the AIR pump bracket.

Nick_R_23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Accessory brackets installed.

Accessories, wiring, and hoses mostly done.

Fan, belt, and most of the other small things taken care of!