1990 Chevy sport build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Haven't checked in for a while. Wow! Lots of progress! Your frame is looking verrry nice!

Thanks Man!

Sorry guys, haven't had much progress lately. I just recently bought myself a little house!! Im moving in on Friday!! pretty excited about that! Sad part, its putting alittle set back on my build though! I also got more good news, a local part store that I became friends with, which is where I buy all my high performance parts from wanted to sponsor me! They cant offer me free parts, but the deal is....

Free entry fees to any car show
Free entry fees to any race if I enter my truck
Free tires (slicks) for drag racing
And any parts for my truck at cost, but they give me any parts for any vehicle I work on at cost

So its a pretty good deal just to simply have their logo on my truck!

I have a few little question though hoping someone can shine,
Basically I degreased and cleaned my oil pan, got ready to paint it...All to find out, theirs a rust hole about the size of needle!!!!:banghead:
So i's going to buy a new pan and these are what I'm looking at...http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-20205/overview/make/chevrolet/year/1990/model/c1500
Does any one know, if your motor is a stroker, do I need a bigger pan? or does a stock pan clear? Also, The bigger the pan (6 QTs to 7 QTs) is their a difference? should I go bigger for more oil?

Also, now im looking for the manual experts! My engine has a 383 strocker kit from Eagler, with a fly wheel that is balanced, I need a fly wheel that I can put a clutch on... so that one wont work!:Stupid Me:
But can I use a stock 350 flywheel out of a regular gmt400? or do I need a high performance one? Steel? cast iron? What would be best....

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try calling up summit and see what they say about the flex plate because I wouldn't put an old one on a brand new motor but that is just me. For my 383 I got a brand new one from Tci I think

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
I wasn't going to go used, I mean like you said, the motor is brand new! But you got a good ideer, ill call them up.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
You will need to use a 400 flywheel because it's externally balanced. Why won't yours work? The only clearance you have to worry about with the oil pan is ground clearance.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think his wont work because flex plates from auto trans are different from a manual trans I'm pretty sure

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I think his wont work because flex plates from auto trans are different from a manual trans I'm pretty sure

Right. But he asked if a 350 flywheel would work.
Flywheel=manual trans
Flexplate=automatic trans

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
^^ sorry I had it wrong. Auto, is flexplate and manual is flywheel? Then I have a flex plate... I need a flywheel. And for the oil pan, thanks bhb, that's what I was looking for.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking because I thought you converted to manual when your motor was out